Polarization of photon-Peskin and Schroeder

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ndcat10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Polarization Schroeder
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
ndcat10
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am currently studying quantum field theory with worldwidely used text written by Peskin and Schroeder. On page 165 of that text it says, " the amplitude vanishes unless the final photon is right-handed." But I cannot figure out how it works. With ε = (0,1,i,0), I get same expression located right after 5.100, which result in 0 when it applies to [itex]u_R = \pmatrix{ 0 \cr 1}[/itex]. I think there must be something related to photon polarization and I am missing. Could you find where I got wrong? Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I still cannot figure out the connection between Jones vectors and my problem. Anyway thanks a lot :)