Remove Pest Detector 4.1 from PC - Dave's Help Request

• Thread starter Logger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Detector
In summary, Dave is seeking help for removing a virus called Pest Detector 4.1 from his infected PC. He asks for suggestions and someone suggests a solution found on Google that does not require buying special software. Dave thanks the person and plans to try the suggested solution.
Logger
Hello there,

My p.c is currently infected with a virus called Pest Detector 4.1 and it will not allow mt to open any programs or open Internet Explorer.Does anybody have any ideas on how I can remove this from my p.c.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave,

Computer science news on Phys.org
There are a number of solutions that can be found on Google. This is one that allows you to remove it without buying special software.

http://www.enigmasoftware.com/pestdetector41-removal/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Borg for the reply.I will give this a try and let you know how I got on.

Kind regards,

Dave.

1. How do I remove Pest Detector 4.1 from my PC?

To remove Pest Detector 4.1 from your PC, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to your Control Panel and select "Uninstall a program."
  2. Find Pest Detector 4.1 in the list of installed programs and select it.
  3. Click on "Uninstall" and follow the prompts to remove the program.
  4. Once the uninstallation is complete, restart your computer.

2. Is Pest Detector 4.1 a legitimate program?

Pest Detector 4.1 is not a legitimate program. It is categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and is often installed without the user's consent. It may also display false or exaggerated scan results in order to convince users to purchase the full version.

3. How did Pest Detector 4.1 get installed on my PC?

Pest Detector 4.1 may have been installed on your PC through a software bundle or by clicking on a malicious link. It is important to be cautious when downloading and installing programs, and to always read the terms and conditions before proceeding with the installation.

4. Can I remove Pest Detector 4.1 manually?

While it is possible to remove Pest Detector 4.1 manually, it is not recommended as it can be a complicated and time-consuming process. It is best to use a reputable anti-malware software to ensure that all components of the program are removed from your PC.

5. How can I prevent Pest Detector 4.1 from infecting my PC again?

To prevent Pest Detector 4.1 from infecting your PC again, it is important to have a good antivirus program installed and to keep it updated. Additionally, be cautious when downloading and installing programs, and regularly scan your PC for any potential threats.