PF 2016: Take the Voter Quiz + Discuss Outcome

In summary: Johnson: 27%Carson: 16%Fiorina: 10%Bush: 9%Stein: 5%In summary, the website calculates that Bernie Sanders is the best candidate for the US election.

In the quiz I posted, the person I side more with is...

• Bloomberg, Michael

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bush, Jeb

• Carson, Ben

• Christie, Chris

• Clinton, Hillary

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Cruz, Ted

• Fiorina, Carly

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Johnson, Gary

• Error

• Rubio, Marco

• Sanders, Bernie

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Stein, Jill

• Trump, Donald

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Hello everybody!

I want to know where my fellow PF'ers stand on the upcoming US election. I found this neat website which calculates the candidate that would theoretically be your best choice: http://www.isidewith.com

So please fill out the quiz and indicate your outcome on the poll, not the one you will eventually vote for (because reasons...). If you wish, you can post your outcome in the thread and whether you agree with this vote or not.

Please keep political discussion in this thread to a minimum. These have their own thread.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Physics news on Phys.org
I got Sanders, Stein, and Clinton at the top, Carson, Bush and Trump at the bottom.

Micro, a bunch of those people aren't running for president.

Evo said:
Micro, a bunch of those people aren't running for president.

I know. But the site includes them, so I will too. It's more a poll on "who do you agree with" rather than "who will you vote for".

micromass said:
I know. But the site includes them, so I will too. It's more a poll on "who do you agree with" rather than "who will you vote for".
No problem. :smile:

Fiorina, Carly is listed twice, and she just dropped out of the race for republican candidate.

Michael Bloomberg is not officially a candidate.

Jill Stein is running (http://www.jill2016.com/), but the Green Party is outside. They would need to get signed petitions in the various states to even get on the ballot in November.

Apparently, Gary Johnson is still running (https://www.garyjohnson2016.com/)So you want to be president - here's how.
https://www.usa.gov/election#item-212481
http://www.fec.gov/ans/answers_candidate.shtml
http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/cfsdd/cfsdd.shtml

My result is "I side with Hillary Clinton on most 2016 Presidential Election issues" at 87%. But also 87% with Bernie Sanders. I am definitely a democrat!

I would say I agree with the outcome of the poll.

I took the quiz out of curiosity. 80% Hillary Clinton. But I don't vote because I'm not a US citizen.

Who is Mr. or Ms. Error?

I took this last month.

Code:
                1/12     2/14
Hillary Clinton 98%      99%
Bernie Sanders  97%      96%
John Kasich     52%      56%
Jeb Bush        46%      43%
Donald Trump    27%      39%
Ted Cruz        27%      21%
Ben Carson      15%      10%

Well, if these trends hold up, it looks like I'll be voting for Trump in November.

jtbell said:
Who is Mr. or Ms. Error?
Maybe statistician Marge Innovera ("margin of error")I took the quiz answering the minimum number of questions. The results are:

Hillary Clinton (87%) - foreign policy, social, environmental, domestic policy, immigration, criminal and science issues
Bernie Sanders (85%) - foreign policy, social, environmental, domestic policy, immigration, criminal and science issues
Jill Stein (82%) - foreign policy, social, environmental, domestic policy, immigration, and criminal issues
Michael Bloomberg (71%) - social, domestic policy, environmental, immigration, and criminal
John Kasich (55%) - environmental, immigration, electoral and science issues
Marco Rubio (41%) - immigration, healthcare, electoral and science issues
Chris Christie (41%) - immigration, healthcare, criminal, and electoral issues
Jeb Bush (39%) - immigration, healthcare, and science issues
Ted Cruz (33%) - immigration, healthcare, electoral and science issues
Gary Johnson (31%) - social, immigration, and electoral issues
Donald Trump (24%) - electoral issues
Carly Fiorina (20%) - immigration, electoral and criminal issues
Ben Carson (16%) - immigration, electoral and science issues

I didn't compare answers, so I'm not sure how each agrees on specific topics.

poll.JPG

anyone with me for a Trump/Sanders ticket ?

Trump 83%, Rubio 82%, Cruz 81%.

Bernie Sanders 87%
Jill Stein 86%
Gary Johnson 81%
Hillary Clinton 77%
Marco Rubio 57%
Ted Cruz 57%
John Kasich 57%
Donald Trump 56%

micromass said:
.. and indicate your outcome on the poll, not the one you will eventually vote for (because reasons...). If you wish, you can post your outcome in the thread and whether you agree with this vote or not.
Your's MM?

Rubio 85, Sanders 25. On reviewing Johnsons responses, I found he turned me around on several questions so on redo Johnson might have topped out. Too bad other candidates didn't appear like Sen Paul, Dr Carson, Ms Fiorina.

Rubio: 79%
Sanders: 37%

1. What is PF 2016: Take the Voter Quiz + Discuss Outcome?

PF 2016: Take the Voter Quiz + Discuss Outcome is an interactive online tool that allows users to take a quiz to determine which political candidate aligns most with their views. It also provides a platform for users to discuss and debate the outcome of the quiz with others.

2. How does the quiz determine my political alignment?

The quiz asks a series of questions on various political issues and compares your answers to the stances of the major political candidates. Based on your responses, the quiz will determine which candidate aligns most with your views.

3. Can I retake the quiz?

Yes, you can retake the quiz as many times as you like. Your answers will be reset each time you retake the quiz.

4. Is the quiz biased towards a certain political party or candidate?

No, the quiz is designed to be unbiased and simply compares your views to the stances of the major political candidates. It is up to the user to research and make their own decisions about which candidate to support.

5. How can I participate in discussions about the quiz outcome?

After taking the quiz, you will be directed to a discussion forum where you can share your results and thoughts with other users. You can also join in on existing discussions or start your own thread.