PF in the path of hurricane Milton

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Center Data
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
6 replies · 3K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,120
Our data center is in Tampa Bay, which is atm forecasted for a direct hit from hurricane Milton so there is a possibility for service disruption. I'll update if I learn anything new.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters, DrClaude, pinball1970 and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
I read somewhere that if you pre-flood the data center before the hurricane hits, then you don't have to worry about the storm surge knocking it out! :wink:
 
  • Haha
  • Care
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Vanadium 50, jtbell, Greg Bernhardt and 3 others
Greg Bernhardt said:
Our data center is in Tampa Bay, which is atm forecasted for a direct hit from hurricane Milton so there is a possibility for service disruption. I'll update if I learn anything new.
I understand that hurricane Milton was far enough south of Tampa Bay that the wind field actually drew water from Tampa Bay. It was not good for those further south, particularly south of Sarasota, FL, in the SE quadrant of the hurricane.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Our data center is in Tampa Bay
I hope Tampa and not Tampa Bay!
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
1728591760568.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Tom.G, Drakkith, BillTre and 3 others