PF PHOTO CONTEST - Orange (11/3-11/9)

In summary: Dutch do know how to party. I was there with Queen's Night, but I'm sure the day itself is great.Zz.In summary, the conversation was about the theme of "Orange" for a photo contest. Participants were reminded of the rules, including resizing and cropping photos, only one submission per person, and using their own original photos. Several photos were shared, including an orange vase, a rose, hunting gear, habaneros, q-tips, and Queen's Day celebrations in the Netherlands. The contest deadline was also mentioned.
Math Jeans said:
I Know! It is VERY Orange!

Hang on. I have a picture coming.

OK. here is my picture.

I didn't have anything stunning, so I went practical.

Er.. is this really your picture submission for this contest?

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
Er.. is this really your picture submission for this contest?

Zz.

I think it's a "screen shot." Does that count as a photograph?

Chi Meson said:
I think it's a "screen shot." Does that count as a photograph?

That's what I thought as well. No, a screen shot does not count.

Zz.

orange cat
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4183/orangepg7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fall leaves

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Photo_contest/DSC_0147a.JPG

Nice mental picture, Integral!:rofl:

Marinela, I fixed your tags so your picture shows up here...always use the "direct link" to the image to enclose in the tags.

emanationflow.jpg

turbo-1 said:
Nice mental picture, Integral!:rofl:

Grrrr... I am not sure what is up with the comcast webpages, in the past it worked flawlessly, now it appears that you have to request it to show the pic. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. :mad:

Integral said:
Grrrr... I am not sure what is up with the comcast webpages, in the past it worked flawlessly, now it appears that you have to request it to show the pic. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. :mad:
Well, I'll keep checking in. I have converted to Photobucket. It seems to be the most reliable image host.

Astronuc said:
Cool!

Here's mine taken down by the river with my cell phone cam :rolleyes:. Well I forgot my digital camera.
That is a gorgeous orange Astronuc!

Chi Meson said:
I meant genus Stickus gossypium.

I am still snickering...:rofl:

Integral said:

when I right clicked then 'show picture' it didn't come it----but
when I 'right click' on the red 'x'--go to properties--get the address on the properties--paste it into the address bar---it comes in fine, and then it also shows up in your post----funny link??

-----------------

size isn't the problem, is it? --at 219kb?

Last edited:
Integral said:
Yeah I didn't see it initially, even when clicking on show picture. Then I could see it after I did a quote to see what the link was. I could see it when I place the url in a separate window, like rewebster did.

Intergral, I still can't see your submission. Can somebody help?

larkspur said:
That is a gorgeous orange Astronuc!
Yeah - I was really impressed with the colors. I arrived at just the right time of day and just happened to catch the sun at the right angle, and the blue sky is quite a contrast.

Thank Mother Nature! I was just there to collect some of those orange photons. :biggrin:

I'll try to get some more images tomorrow if I remember by digital camera. But the weather is supposedly going to get worse as the week progresses. We are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow, but the afternoon might be partly clear - but 32°F (0°C).

larkspur said:
I am still snickering...:rofl:

Thank goodness someone got it. Most of my jokes float away into the void...

OK. I don't get to play the baby angle very often. I'm cashing in now.

Here's the little man picking out his first pumpkin:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8857/holloween200725pftj5.jpg

Astro...you got to my idea first. I was going to take a picture of the leaves on my Acer Palmatum in my front yard. They are a very bright orange right now. Nice pic!

turbo-1 said:
Well, I'll keep checking in. I have converted to Photobucket. It seems to be the most reliable image host.

Yeah, I have heard of that, guess it is time for this old dog to learn some new tricks.

FredGarvin said:
Astro...you got to my idea first. I was going to take a picture of the leaves on my Acer Palmatum in my front yard. They are a very bright orange right now. Nice pic!
Please get a picture. I'd like to see it.

FredGarvin said:

Handsome and charming little fella - like father, like son. :approve:

FredGarvin said:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8857/holloween200725pftj5.jpg

I love it. "Mine. All Mine!"

Oh my gawd! 39 cents a pound? This must be very late in the season.

Astronuc said:
Please get a picture. I'd like to see it.
I'll snap a pic tomorrow.

Astronuc said:
Handsome and charming little fella - like father, like son. :approve:
He's got way more charm than I ever had. He gets it from his Mom.

Chi Meson said:
39 cents a pound? This must be very late in the season.
Or it's at an orchard that knows how to take advantage of the local yuppie population. The picture was in the beginning of October. I'm not sure of the lateness of that. I guess under the circumstances I don't mind paying to help support local growers. They had a nice spread.

I was trying to get him to do the Mr. Burns "eeeeexcelllllent" pose, but he just wasn't cooperating.

ZapperZ said:
That's what I thought as well. No, a screen shot does not count.

Zz.

DANG IT!

FredGarvin said:
I was trying to get him to do the Mr. Burns "eeeeexcelllllent" pose, but he just wasn't cooperating.

Oh, I thought he was doing that very well. He sort of has the evil genius look, "Today the pumpkin patch, tomorrow the WORLD!" *evil genius laugh*

EnumaElish said:
I took this picture while on travel in India.

I approved the attachment for now, but take a look at the instructions of how to post it using image tags so Zz will be able to post the link in the voting thread too.

EnumaElish said:
I took this picture while on travel in India.

Take note that unless you can post the picture here not as an attachment, I cannot use it for the contest.

Zz.

FredGarvin said:
Or it's at an orchard that knows how to take advantage of the local yuppie population. The picture was in the beginning of October. I'm not sure of the lateness of that. I guess under the circumstances I don't mind paying to help support local growers. They had a nice spread.

What are you talking about. That is CHEAP! One of our local orchards was getting over $1 a pound! We thought we got a late-season bargain at 60 cents!

Chi Meson said:
What are you talking about. That is CHEAP! One of our local orchards was getting over $1 a pound! We thought we got a late-season bargain at 60 cents!
Oh. By your post I thought you meant that that price was expensive. I really don't know what a pumpkin should be going for these days.

Moonbear said:
Oh, I thought he was doing that very well. He sort of has the evil genius look, "Today the pumpkin patch, tomorrow the WORLD!" *evil genius laugh*
I like that. I have to work on him to get him to do the BWAHAHAHA evil laugh. Either that or some Dr. Evil lines...I'm not quite sure yet.

FredGarvin said:
I like that. I have to work on him to get him to do the BWAHAHAHA evil laugh. Either that or some Dr. Evil lines...

"An evil pumpkin farmer? Perhaps?"

Astronuc said:
I haven't yet figured out where they put the laser beam and disintegration ray yet, but I'm sure it's got one. I don't use it for games or shopping on line. :yuck:
You may not know about the laser beam and the disintegration ray, but you sure found the "impressionist" imaging button.