1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs PhD in science & technology education, but postdoc in pure science

1. Jan 28, 2010 #1
    Is this the right subforum?

This is my friend's question but he is not very fluent in English. He has a bachelor degree in biology and now he is working towards a PhD in science (biology-oriented) and technology education in a Southeast Asian university. However, it seems that his true desire is to do pure science researches e.g. molecular biology, stem cell, in USA or UK as a postdoc. And he is worried that a PhD in science education will be a problem. Is there any advice? How much a university care about his degree? What should he do now to prepare for an application? perhaps he should work on a pure science-related research?

If you need more information, I have to ask from him. Thank.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2010 #2
    Or I should say: forget about the asian university. What do you think in general about going from a PhD in science education to a postdoc in pure biology research?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook