1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Phy121 are these answers correct?

1. Sep 23, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have a test in the morning. Here is a link to the website where a practice test is located. http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/~vantassell/PHY121/phy121.html [Broken]. It is on the left under sample test 1.

2. Relevant equations
    The relevant equations are at the bottom of the test.

3. The attempt at a solution
    Here are my answers:
    1.D
    2.C
    3.D
    4.A
    5.B
    6.D
    7.D,A,C,F,B,E
    8.E,D,C,A,B,F
    9.Skip
    10.Skip
    Calculations
    1. mag=sqrt(106.9) theta= 228 degrees
    2.91.5 m/s
    3. 29m/s
    4.a.87.5m b.32.5s
    5. no
    6.a 285m b.236.4m c. 9.5 m/s d.-7.9m/s

I rounded a lot of the answers. If someone has time, could you see if my answers are correct? Thanks

-Mark
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2009 #2
    If no one has time for the entire practice exam, maybe someone could check the first 8 multiple choice conceptual questions? That would help a lot.

4. Sep 23, 2009 #3

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I, along with many other homework helpers, am not going to open a .doc file from a university website. Repeat those questions for which you are unsure of your answers.

In general, you are much more likely to get help from people at this site if you
    • Make it easy on us. Put the question in the post. Expecting us to open some potentially virus-infected .doc file just to see the question is not making things easy on us.
    • Show some work.
    • Keep the post limited in scope. Which problems are you specifically having problems solving?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook