1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics (B. Sc) -> Engineering (M. Sc)? Possible?

1. Jun 6, 2009 #1
    Physics (B. Sc) --> Engineering (M. Sc)? Possible?

Is it possible to get a M. Sc in, say, aerospace engineering, with a B. Sc in physics? Now I understand that, if possible, it would certainly be a hard transition, but nonetheless, is it ever done? Thanks very much.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2009 #2
    Re: Physics (B. Sc) --> Engineering (M. Sc)? Possible?

Yes it is done, i know several people that have done it.

4. Jun 7, 2009 #3

What of the reverse? Can a BS Mech. Eng. grad go for a Masters in Physics? This is my plan, so I've been learning Physics on the side.

5. Jun 7, 2009 #4

djeitnstine

Gold Member

Yes this has been discussed extensively in the forum before. It can be done. Try the search function, the thread(s) I'm thinking of should turn up.

6. Jun 7, 2009 #5

Thanks.

7. Jun 7, 2009 #6

Can't you do it with any major? I know that they usually require you then to take some undergraduate classes in order to qualify. Not sure how many, but I think it could be up to 1 year worth of classes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook