1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible to do masters in nuclear engineering with a physics degree

1. Aug 10, 2017 #1
    Is it possible to do masters in nuclear engineering with a physics degree

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2017 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

It seems that lots of people do, so sure.

You might want to check out the admission requirements in nuclear engineering MSc programs that you're interested in. If it's not clear on the website whether your degree would be accepted, you can always contact the school directly.

4. Aug 10, 2017 #3
    I did, and I know a lot of other people who did, as well. But that was a long time ago, so Choppy's advice to check with the schools is a very good idea.

5. Aug 11, 2017 #4
    Thank you so much
    I will check out for more information.

6. Aug 11, 2017 #5
    I would expect that you will likely find yourself needing to take some undergraduate fluids and heat transfer that were more application oriented than what you might have encountered in physics.

7. Aug 11, 2017 #6

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Note that the people above speak from experience in the US and Canada. In other countries, the details may be different.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted