1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Physics branches

Tags:
  1. Mar 24, 2016 #1
    I have to study a little of all that before undergrad anyone can help me and put it from the easiest one to the harder ? so i can study them in turn :
    -classical mechanics
    -quantum mechanics
    -particle physics
    -high energy physics
    -relativity
    -astrophysics
    -atomic molecular and optical physics
    -electromagnetism
    -thermodynamics
    -theorical physics
    And if you can put them into groups of the same subject from the easiest to the harder one so i can study them in turn by groups

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2016 #2
    Why would you have to study any of these before undergrad?

4. Mar 24, 2016 #3
    i like to have a general idea about physics branches before i can determine one to get a phd in it . so if you can help me please to start group them by subject from the easiest to the harder branch

5. Mar 24, 2016 #4
    I'd recommend just looking at the wikipedia page for each of them if you're interested in just finding out what they are. And you have several years before you need to worry about which one to 'get a phd' in, as you will be exposed to all of them by the time you finish your b.s. in physics.

6. Mar 24, 2016 #5
    i cheked wikipedia . In fact i like all these branches and i want to start studying a little bit of each one but i want to know the easiests ones and hardest's to start learning them by turn

7. Mar 24, 2016 #6
    What's your level of education?

8. Mar 24, 2016 #7
    finished high school

9. Mar 24, 2016 #8
    Alright well if you're so dead set on getting ahead in physics, learn calculus and classical mechanics first. Then worry about the rest

10. Mar 24, 2016 #9
    i have learned classical mechanics but i want to know what next that

11. Mar 24, 2016 #10
    Okay, basic E&M. Electric fields, magnetic fields, circuits, Gauss' Law, Faraday's Law, etc

12. Mar 24, 2016 #11
    Just follow your college's curriculum.

13. Mar 24, 2016 #12
    i just finished high school and i haven't entered to college yet

14. Mar 24, 2016 #13
    Look at the curricula of the college(s) you plan on enrolling in and follow them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted