Study Physics Easily: Branch Order & Grouping

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help in organizing and studying different branches of physics before beginning their undergraduate studies. The person giving advice suggests starting with basic calculus and classical mechanics before moving on to other subjects such as electromagnetism and E&M. They also recommend following the curriculum of the college they plan on attending.
Peter25samaha
I have to study a little of all that before undergrad anyone can help me and put it from the easiest one to the harder ? so i can study them in turn :
-classical mechanics
-quantum mechanics
-particle physics
-high energy physics
-relativity
-astrophysics
-atomic molecular and optical physics
-electromagnetism
-thermodynamics
-theorical physics
And if you can put them into groups of the same subject from the easiest to the harder one so i can study them in turn by groups

Physics news on Phys.org
Why would you have to study any of these before undergrad?

mrnike992 said:
Why would you have to study any of these before undergrad?
i like to have a general idea about physics branches before i can determine one to get a phd in it . so if you can help me please to start group them by subject from the easiest to the harder branch

I'd recommend just looking at the wikipedia page for each of them if you're interested in just finding out what they are. And you have several years before you need to worry about which one to 'get a phd' in, as you will be exposed to all of them by the time you finish your b.s. in physics.

mrnike992 said:
I'd recommend just looking at the wikipedia page for each of them if you're interested in just finding out what they are. And you have several years before you need to worry about which one to 'get a phd' in, as you will be exposed to all of them by the time you finish your b.s. in physics.
i cheked wikipedia . In fact i like all these branches and i want to start studying a little bit of each one but i want to know the easiests ones and hardest's to start learning them by turn

What's your level of education?

mrnike992 said:
What's your level of education?
finished high school

Alright well if you're so dead set on getting ahead in physics, learn calculus and classical mechanics first. Then worry about the rest

Likes Peter25samaha
mrnike992 said:
Alright well if you're so dead set on getting ahead in physics, learn calculus and classical mechanics first. Then worry about the rest
i have learned classical mechanics but i want to know what next that

Okay, basic E&M. Electric fields, magnetic fields, circuits, Gauss' Law, Faraday's Law, etc

Peter25samaha said:
i have learned classical mechanics but i want to know what next that
Just follow your college's curriculum.

Amrator said:
Just follow your college's curriculum.
i just finished high school and i haven't entered to college yet

Peter25samaha said:
i just finished high school and i haven't entered to college yet
Look at the curricula of the college(s) you plan on enrolling in and follow them.

Likes mrnike992

1. What is the best way to approach studying physics?

The best way to study physics is to first understand the fundamentals and build a strong foundation. Start by familiarizing yourself with the basic concepts and equations. Then, focus on practicing problems to solidify your understanding. It is also helpful to group similar topics together and study them in a logical order.

2. What is the importance of grouping and ordering branches in studying physics?

Grouping and ordering branches in studying physics allows you to see the connections and relationships between different topics. This can help you better understand the concepts and how they apply to various situations. It also helps to prevent confusion and make your studying more organized and efficient.

3. How can I create a study plan for physics that utilizes branch order and grouping?

To create a study plan that utilizes branch order and grouping, start by identifying the main branches of physics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and optics. Within each branch, group related topics together and study them in a logical order, starting with the fundamentals and building up to more complex concepts. This will help you see the connections between topics and make your studying more efficient.

4. Are there any resources or tools that can help with studying physics using branch order and grouping?

Yes, there are many resources and tools available to help with studying physics using branch order and grouping. Some examples include textbooks, online lecture notes and videos, flashcards, and study guides that are organized by branch and topic. You can also create your own study notes and diagrams to help you visualize the connections between different topics.

5. How can I use branch order and grouping to prepare for exams?

Using branch order and grouping to prepare for exams can be very helpful. Start by reviewing the main branches of physics and the topics within each branch. Then, focus on practicing problems that cover a variety of topics within each branch. This will help you see how different concepts are related and how they can be applied to solve problems. You can also create your own practice exams that cover a mix of topics from different branches to simulate the actual exam experience.