Physics Gravity Car Research Help

In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling with their physics assignment on a gravity car. They are asking for guidance on what to research and where to research. The expert advises them to focus on concepts like gravitational potential energy, kinetic energy, torque, mechanical friction, and air resistance to understand how the car works. They also suggest looking at the components of the car in the given image to understand its function.
Walker-J
I know I am abandoning the template but my question doesn't really fit in that template so sorry.

Anyway for my Physics Assignment I have to do an EEI on a gravity car that I have to build, see this image for more help: http://seniorphysics.com/physics/gravity_car.jpg. Anyway I am struggling at the research bit. I have no idea what to research.

What should I be researching, what should I be looking for in research and where should I be researching(eg Google or library etc)?

I have tried 'physics of "gravity car" -anti -zero' in Google with no such luck. I just need some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you understand these concepts?

gravitational potential energy
kinetic energy
torque
mechanical friction
air resistance

Then you should be able to work out why the car will start, accelerate, slow down, and stop.

For a start you are thinking of the entirely wrong thing if you are putting anti or zero gravity into google.

How is the car driven in that picture do you think? (hint look at what is attached to what)

No I put don't include. (-) means don't include.

Fair enough, it would have been less confusing to just not put anything rather then saying what you didnt look at as then we would know you were on the right track. :P

But anyway...

How do you think the car works in the picture?

Is the car supposed to go a long distance? Maximum velocity? Drag race?

1. What is a Physics Gravity Car?

A Physics Gravity Car is a simple vehicle powered by the force of gravity. It involves using a sloped track and a car with a mass, and letting the car roll down the slope due to the force of gravity. The goal is to design a car that can travel the longest distance on the track without any additional external energy sources.

2. How does the force of gravity affect the movement of the car?

The force of gravity is a natural force that pulls objects towards the center of the Earth. In the case of a Physics Gravity Car, this force causes the car to accelerate down the slope of the track. The steeper the slope, the greater the force of gravity, and the faster the car will accelerate.

3. What factors affect the performance of a Physics Gravity Car?

There are several factors that can affect the performance of a Physics Gravity Car, including the mass of the car, the slope of the track, the shape and weight distribution of the car, and the rolling resistance of the wheels. These factors can impact the car's acceleration, speed, and distance traveled on the track.

4. How can I improve the design of my Physics Gravity Car?

To improve the design of a Physics Gravity Car, you can experiment with different materials, shapes, and weights for the car. You can also adjust the slope of the track and the rolling resistance of the wheels. Additionally, making sure the car's wheels are properly aligned and reducing air resistance can also help improve performance.

5. What real-life applications does Physics Gravity Car research have?

Physics Gravity Car research has many real-life applications, including in the development of more efficient transportation systems and energy-efficient vehicles. It also helps to understand the principles of physics and how they can be applied to real-world problems. Additionally, Physics Gravity Cars can be used as an educational tool to teach students about forces, motion, and energy.