1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Gravity Car Research Help

1. May 10, 2009 #1
    I know I am abandoning the template but my question doesn't really fit in that template so sorry.

Anyway for my Physics Assignment I have to do an EEI on a gravity car that I have to build, see this image for more help: http://seniorphysics.com/physics/gravity_car.jpg. Anyway I am struggling at the research bit. I have no idea what to research.

What should I be researching, what should I be looking for in research and where should I be researching(eg Google or library etc)?

I have tried 'physics of "gravity car" -anti -zero' in Google with no such luck. I just need some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2009 #2
    Do you understand these concepts?

gravitational potential energy
    kinetic energy
    torque
    mechanical friction
    air resistance

Then you should be able to work out why the car will start, accelerate, slow down, and stop.

4. May 12, 2009 #3
    For a start you are thinking of the entirely wrong thing if you are putting anti or zero gravity into google.

How is the car driven in that picture do you think? (hint look at what is attached to what)

5. May 12, 2009 #4
    No I put don't include. (-) means don't include.

6. May 12, 2009 #5
    Fair enough, it would have been less confusing to just not put anything rather then saying what you didnt look at as then we would know you were on the right track. :P

But anyway...

How do you think the car works in the picture?

7. May 12, 2009 #6

minger

Science Advisor

Is the car supposed to go a long distance? Maximum velocity? Drag race?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook