1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with our research topic: Electrical Conductivity

1. Aug 19, 2016 #1
    • Member advised to use the homework template and show their own efforts.
    my research is about "The effectiveness of different basic substances on the Eletrical conductivity"
    and i need " significance of the study "

1) who are the beneficiaries and what benefits will they get ?

Please help im a highschool student struggling with my research

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 19, 2016 #2

billy_joule

Science Advisor

What have you found so far?

Do you understand Ohms law? The electric power formula?
    Can you explain in your own words what conductivity is? Can you think of where it's important?

Hint: Think about getting electrical power from a remote hydro dam to a city, if the conductivity of the lines were increased, the power lost between the city and dam would _______, and so the city dwellers monthly power bill would (or should) _____. (insert 'increase' or 'decrease' in the blanks.)

4. Aug 22, 2016 #3
    Since silver and gold are excellent conductors, why aren't they generally used for current carrying applications?
    You might do an internet search to discuss differences between common conductors like copper and aluminum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted