Physics In Space Assignment - Year 12

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of orbits in our solar system and how they are studied and understood. The speaker is confused and asks for clarification on the different types of orbits and the laws that govern them. They also inquire about the most preferable orbit for satellite communication and seek additional information and resources on the topic.
LukeyD
Can someone please break this task down as I'm so confused :'(
It's due tomorrow and I would of done it sooner but I had in real life issues :\

Research into the shapes of orbits that exist in our solar system, including the motion of planets, comets, moons and satellites.

I found some information about orbits but I can't really find anything else.

What do they have in common how are they different.

I've got this one covered.

What rules govern how these masses revolve around each other? Give examples of how they apply.

Make a conclusion on What type of orbits would be most preferable for satellite communication, explaining why this orbit is preferable

I have no idea how to do these two. I know that the two laws are Newton's Universal Gravitation and Kepler's three laws but I don't know how they're similar or different?
Can someone please shed some light.

Astronomy news on Phys.org

What is the purpose of studying physics in space?

The purpose of studying physics in space is to understand the fundamental laws and principles of nature that govern the behavior of objects in space. This knowledge is crucial for space exploration, satellite communication, and understanding the origins and evolution of the universe.

How is physics applied in space exploration?

Physics is applied in space exploration in various ways, such as designing and building spacecrafts, calculating trajectories and orbits, and conducting experiments to study the effects of gravity, radiation, and other forces in space. Physics also helps in developing technologies for space travel and understanding the behavior of matter in extreme conditions.

What are some important topics in physics that are relevant to space?

Some important topics in physics that are relevant to space include mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and astrophysics. These topics help in understanding the motion of objects in space, the interaction of electromagnetic waves with matter, the transfer of heat in space, and the study of celestial bodies and the universe.

What are some challenges faced by physicists in space?

Some challenges faced by physicists in space include the lack of an atmosphere, extreme temperatures, high levels of radiation, and microgravity. These conditions make it difficult to conduct experiments and can affect the behavior of materials and equipment. Scientists also have to account for the effects of relativity and the curvature of space-time in their calculations.

How does studying physics in space benefit our daily lives?

Studying physics in space benefits our daily lives in various ways. The technologies developed for space exploration, such as satellite communication, GPS, and weather forecasting, have become integral parts of our daily routines. Additionally, the discoveries made in space can lead to advancements in medicine, materials science, and energy production, improving our quality of life.