Pictures of people with these 'genes'?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tgt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Genes Pictures
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 5K views
tgt
Messages
519
Reaction score
2
I am curious as to how people who are 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian look like.

A typical scenario is where one parent is white/asian and the other is white/black.
 
Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
tgt said:
I am curious as to how people who are 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian look like.
Uhm, they don't look alike.
 
There is a rather broad spectrum of physical characteristics among each of these racial groups. It would be difficult to determine which characteristics are likely to be passed on. I know a girl who is a quarter black and looks hispanic while her brother by the same parents appears a light skinned black man. So even pooling genes from the same two individual sources can have unpredictable outcomes.
 
You know girls are lucky.

If I get my baby DNA tested and it turns out I'm not the father, (let's say she really cheated) she can blame the hospital for mixing it up. Gets away with cheating now!

Note: Cheating as in saying I'm the father and I'm not.
 
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090103/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_twins

LONDON – A mixed-race British couple has defied the odds — twice — by producing two sets of twins in which one sibling appears to be black and the other white.

fyi, keanu reeves is half white, a quarter chinese and a quarter Hawaiian.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not far from where I live there used to be a large community of people who were 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian. However, early in the 20th century they were gradually replaced by a population of 1/2 Asian, 1/4 white, 1/8 American Indian, and 1/8 black. During the transition, racial tensions not only tore apart the community, but even individual people were at odds with themselves over issues related to discrimination and assimilation. I went over there to see what the people look like now. I bumped into an elderly fellow that looked to me to be .43 Scandinavian, .36 Bantu, and .21 Innuit. He told me that his father had lived through those terrible days and related to him that in spite of their backgrounds, the original population looked 1/2 black, 1/4 white, and 1/4 Asian. I hope this helps.
 
tgt said:
I am curious as to how people who are 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian look like.
:confused: where do you live?

Is it true that the skin-color of the mother is dominant over the skin-color of the father? It's something I've been told, but I'm not sure whether it is true (although it is possible).
 
jimmysnyder said:
Not far from where I live there used to be a large community of people who were 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian. However, early in the 20th century they were gradually replaced by a population of 1/2 Asian, 1/4 white, 1/8 American Indian, and 1/8 black. During the transition, racial tensions not only tore apart the community, but even individual people were at odds with themselves over issues related to discrimination and assimilation. I went over there to see what the people look like now. I bumped into an elderly fellow that looked to me to be .43 Scandinavian, .36 Bantu, and .21 Innuit. He told me that his father had lived through those terrible days and related to him that in spite of their backgrounds, the original population looked 1/2 black, 1/4 white, and 1/4 Asian. I hope this helps.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help at all because no pictures were given.

Can you still remember the faces of the people who were 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian.
 
JasonRox said:
You know girls are lucky.

If I get my baby DNA tested and it turns out I'm not the father, (let's say she really cheated) she can blame the hospital for mixing it up. Gets away with cheating now!

Note: Cheating as in saying I'm the father and I'm not.

sounds like too much pick up, not enough artist.
 
tgt said:
I am curious as to how people who are 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian look like.

A typical scenario is where one parent is white/asian and the other is white/black.

what about sam woods? (tiger's daughter)
 
what's your definition of "black"? i think most "african americans" are actually mixed race to begin with.
 
tgt said:
Unfortunately, that doesn't help at all because no pictures were given.

Can you still remember the faces of the people who were 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian.

You were supposed to say "Pull the other one, Jimmy!"
 
tgt said:
I am curious as to how people who are 1/2 white, 1/4 black and 1/4 Asian look like.

I'm curious about why you are so curious about it!
 
Math Is Hard said:
I'm curious about why you are so curious about it!

One reason is that I've got a little hunch that they would look like a (whiter then usual) person from India. However, it wouldn't be very exact.

How did the Indian population come about?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator: