Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pillow and sheet fort World record?

1. Jun 25, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Pillow and sheet fort!!!! World record?

Ok for those of you who had miserable childhoods or don't know what cool is....

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/forts/default.php

That is a pillow and sheet fort. This is the pinnacle of mankind's achievements. Does anyone happen to know theres a world record for a pillow fort? I was trying to look it up but i kept getting a Fort Pillow :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Boy do i want to make a pillow fort...

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Amateurs! :grumpy:
    Mine was a wool blanket draped over a card table. And I don't see anything that even vaguely resembles a machine-gun nest guarding the entrance.

4. Jun 25, 2006 #3
    Show that if A is invertible, then [itex] det A^{-1} = \frac {1}{det A} [/itex].

Sadly, that link was filmed on location, their mom's basement. (and they all look in their mid 20's :rolleyes:)

5. Jun 25, 2006 #4
    Stop giving him easy ones, geeze :rolleyes: Let me look at my book and find something that will take more than a few minutes.

6. Jun 25, 2006 #5
    Hey, they arent for you to solve man. :uhh:

BTW, I am listening to Mos def 'respiration' ....ooo yea..

7. Jun 25, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pillows?! You kids have gotten all soft! We had to drape our blankets over the kitchen chairs. And where are the grenades (a.k.a. water balloons)? :rolleyes:

8. Jun 25, 2006 #7
    I have never listened to Mos Def actually, I should grab one of his albums some day. Have you listened to Eric B and Rakim's Paid In Full yet :rolleyes: ? I am telling you, that is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, hip-hop/rap album of all time, you must listen to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Jun 25, 2006 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I use to do that :biggrin:

Moonbear, ban everyone whos off topic. Especially cyrus. ESPECIALLY CYRUS.

THREAD CLOSED!!!!

Wait htis is my thread

THREAD OPEN!!!

10. Jun 25, 2006 #9

Danger

Gold Member

You can be such a girl sometimes. :rolleyes:
    You kids these days... really... sure, the phosphorous grenades that we used weren't good enough for you... you just had to go and use water instead... :grumpy:

11. Jun 25, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't blame me, blame my mom! She had fits enough over water balloons. And you should have seen how much trouble we got into for playing with CAPS...harmless little caps! I was with my cousins and we didn't even have a cap gun, just a hammer to smash them with. :rolleyes: I think even my dad got in trouble for knowing we were playing with them and not stopping us (he tried explaining they were JUST caps too :rolleyes:). I wondered if my mom was ever a kid. I suspect she hatched full grown.

12. Jun 25, 2006 #11

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

We used card table, chairs, sofa, and whatever we could haul into the living room. At one point, we had about two-thirds of the living room occupied.

Moonbear - water baloons in the house?! :bugeye:

Outdoors, we used to make pill boxes in a tree nursery. The trees were usually in large burlap wrappings containing dirt, and they sat in large holes. We'd excavate the holes, cover with plywood and more burlap, and over that with dirt and sod. We'd cover the windows with vegetation, and then we had dirt clod wars.

13. Jun 25, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It was in the kitchen. :uhh: Yeah, we didn't get away with that for long. :redface: The fort had to be relocated to the patio with lawn chairs and the picnic table before we were allowed to restock the armory. :shy:

14. Jun 25, 2006 #13

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

:rofl: How about mud-pies. :biggrin:

15. Jun 25, 2006 #14

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I loved those!

I ended up using caps to make small fireworks. A combination of matches and caps could make a nice firework show. Certainly not safe though. I had a friend from school that somehow blew up a pen while holding it in his hand. I doubt he was being careful though.

16. Jun 25, 2006 #15

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

We used to use slingshots loaded with hardcandy....man that hurt. I think I still have welts.

17. Jun 25, 2006 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Make up your mind, will you. :rofl:

18. Jun 25, 2006 #17
    Yes, it's sad moonbear. In situations like these I don't know what to say to him anymore............................

Let A be an nxn singular matrix. Describe how to construct an nxn nonzero matrix B such that AB=0.

19. Jun 25, 2006 #18

Danger

Gold Member

Our wars began with weed seeds fired out of .177 pellet rifles. I (wisely, I think) ceased participating when the rest of my friends escalated to using steel BB's. The rest of them gave up when one bought a pump gun that fired a BB at about the power of a .22 short. :eek:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?