Pillow and sheet fort World record?

  • Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • #1
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Pillow and sheet fort!!!! World record?

Ok for those of you who had miserable childhoods or don't know what cool is....

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/forts/default.php

That is a pillow and sheet fort. This is the pinnacle of mankind's achievements. Does anyone happen to know theres a world record for a pillow fort? I was trying to look it up but i kept getting a Fort Pillow :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Boy do i want to make a pillow fort...
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Danger
Gold Member
9,607
249
Amateurs! :grumpy:
Mine was a wool blanket draped over a card table. And I don't see anything that even vaguely resembles a machine-gun nest guarding the entrance.
 
  • #3
2,985
15
Show that if A is invertible, then [itex] det A^{-1} = \frac {1}{det A} [/itex].

Sadly, that link was filmed on location, their mom's basement. (and they all look in their mid 20's :rolleyes:)
 
  • #4
1,085
6
cyrusabdollahi said:
Show that if A is invertible, then [itex] det A^{-1} = \frac {1}{det A} [/itex].
Stop giving him easy ones, geeze :rolleyes: Let me look at my book and find something that will take more than a few minutes.
 
  • #5
2,985
15
Hey, they arent for you to solve man. :uhh:

BTW, I am listening to Mos def 'respiration' ....ooo yea..
 
  • #6
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
Pillows?! You kids have gotten all soft! We had to drape our blankets over the kitchen chairs. And where are the grenades (a.k.a. water balloons)? :rolleyes:
 
  • #7
1,085
6
I have never listened to Mos Def actually, I should grab one of his albums some day. Have you listened to Eric B and Rakim's Paid In Full yet :rolleyes: ? I am telling you, that is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, hip-hop/rap album of all time, you must listen to it!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
  • #8
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,989
16
Moonbear said:
Pillows?! You kids have gotten all soft! We had to drape our blankets over the kitchen chairs. And where are the grenades (a.k.a. water balloons)? :rolleyes:

I use to do that :biggrin:

Moonbear, ban everyone whos off topic. Especially cyrus. ESPECIALLY CYRUS.

THREAD CLOSED!!!!

Wait htis is my thread

THREAD OPEN!!!
 
  • #9
Danger
Gold Member
9,607
249
Moonbear said:
And where are the grenades (a.k.a. water balloons)? :rolleyes:
You can be such a girl sometimes. :rolleyes:
You kids these days... really... sure, the phosphorous grenades that we used weren't good enough for you... you just had to go and use water instead... :grumpy:
 
  • #10
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
Danger said:
You can be such a girl sometimes. :rolleyes:
You kids these days... really... sure, the phosphorous grenades that we used weren't good enough for you... you just had to go and use water instead... :grumpy:
Don't blame me, blame my mom! She had fits enough over water balloons. And you should have seen how much trouble we got into for playing with CAPS...harmless little caps! I was with my cousins and we didn't even have a cap gun, just a hammer to smash them with. :rolleyes: I think even my dad got in trouble for knowing we were playing with them and not stopping us (he tried explaining they were JUST caps too :rolleyes:). I wondered if my mom was ever a kid. I suspect she hatched full grown.
 
  • #11
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
19,268
2,765
Moonbear said:
Pillows?! You kids have gotten all soft! We had to drape our blankets over the kitchen chairs. And where are the grenades (a.k.a. water balloons)? :rolleyes:
We used card table, chairs, sofa, and whatever we could haul into the living room. At one point, we had about two-thirds of the living room occupied.

Moonbear - water baloons in the house?! :bugeye:

Outdoors, we used to make pill boxes in a tree nursery. The trees were usually in large burlap wrappings containing dirt, and they sat in large holes. We'd excavate the holes, cover with plywood and more burlap, and over that with dirt and sod. We'd cover the windows with vegetation, and then we had dirt clod wars.
 
  • #12
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
Astronuc said:
Moonbear - water baloons in the house?! :bugeye:
It was in the kitchen. :uhh: Yeah, we didn't get away with that for long. :redface: The fort had to be relocated to the patio with lawn chairs and the picnic table before we were allowed to restock the armory. :shy:
 
  • #13
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
19,268
2,765
Moonbear said:
It was in the kitchen. :uhh: Yeah, we didn't get away with that for long. :redface: The fort had to be relocated to the patio with lawn chairs and the picnic table before we were allowed to restock the armory. :shy:
:rofl: How about mud-pies. :biggrin:
 
  • #14
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,314
3
Moonbear said:
Don't blame me, blame my mom! She had fits enough over water balloons. And you should have seen how much trouble we got into for playing with CAPS...harmless little caps! I was with my cousins and we didn't even have a cap gun, just a hammer to smash them with. :rolleyes: I think even my dad got in trouble for knowing we were playing with them and not stopping us (he tried explaining they were JUST caps too :rolleyes:). I wondered if my mom was ever a kid. I suspect she hatched full grown.

I loved those!

I ended up using caps to make small fireworks. A combination of matches and caps could make a nice firework show. Certainly not safe though. I had a friend from school that somehow blew up a pen while holding it in his hand. I doubt he was being careful though.
 
  • #15
DocToxyn
Science Advisor
424
0
We used to use slingshots loaded with hardcandy....man that hurt. I think I still have welts.
 
  • #16
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
Pengwuino said:
THREAD CLOSED!!!!

Wait htis is my thread

THREAD OPEN!!!
:rofl: Make up your mind, will you. :rofl:
 
  • #17
2,985
15
Yes, it's sad moonbear. In situations like these I don't know what to say to him anymore............................

Let A be an nxn singular matrix. Describe how to construct an nxn nonzero matrix B such that AB=0.
 
  • #18
Danger
Gold Member
9,607
249
DocToxyn said:
We used to use slingshots loaded with hardcandy....man that hurt.
Our wars began with weed seeds fired out of .177 pellet rifles. I (wisely, I think) ceased participating when the rest of my friends escalated to using steel BB's. The rest of them gave up when one bought a pump gun that fired a BB at about the power of a .22 short. :eek:
 

Related Threads on Pillow and sheet fort World record?

  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
2K
Replies
9
Views
4K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
55
Views
5K
Replies
10
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
35
Views
8K
Replies
15
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
3K
Top