Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pion Photoproductions and kinetic energy of this pion

1. Jul 28, 2012 #1
    Hello, I'm new and I'm Italian.
    I write in English with the help of google translator. I'm looking for some answers, but I have not found anything, and nor in Italian nor English. I hope to receive help in this forum.

the question:

The pion photoproduction is possible, when the incident photon is very energetic (150 MeV). I want to know, what type of pion will be produced (with the photoproduction). There is a branching ratio?? a preference to produce positive or negative (±) or neutral pions?

second question:

if a high energy photon, hits a nucleon, How can I understand if a pion is produced, or for example, will produce a couple, electron-positron??

third question:

I would like to know the kinetic energy of the pion, produced by the mechanism of the photoproduction. How can I do?? Is there some formula?? For example, I know the formula to find the kinetic energy of pion, produced by the collision between a proton of a cosmic ray (with a minimum energy of 2 GeV) with a nucleon. But I believe that this formula, in this case, can not be used.

Can you help me??

THANK YOU

BORJA2

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 29, 2012 #2
    nothing??

plese, help me...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook