Pion Photoproductions and kinetic energy of this pion

In summary, The individual is new to the forum and is seeking help with their questions about pion photoproduction, specifically the type of pion produced, branching ratio, and kinetic energy. They are also wondering how to differentiate between the production of a pion and a couple such as electron-positron. They are asking for assistance and expressing gratitude in advance.
Borja2
Hello, I'm new and I'm Italian.
I write in English with the help of google translator. I'm looking for some answers, but I have not found anything, and nor in Italian nor English. I hope to receive help in this forum.

the question:

The pion photoproduction is possible, when the incident photon is very energetic (150 MeV). I want to know, what type of pion will be produced (with the photoproduction). There is a branching ratio?? a preference to produce positive or negative (±) or neutral pions?

second question:

if a high energy photon, hits a nucleon, How can I understand if a pion is produced, or for example, will produce a couple, electron-positron??

third question:

I would like to know the kinetic energy of the pion, produced by the mechanism of the photoproduction. How can I do?? Is there some formula?? For example, I know the formula to find the kinetic energy of pion, produced by the collision between a proton of a cosmic ray (with a minimum energy of 2 GeV) with a nucleon. But I believe that this formula, in this case, can not be used.

Can you help me??

THANK YOU

BORJA2

Physics news on Phys.org
nothing??

plese, help me...

1. What is pion photoproduction?

Pion photoproduction is a process in which a pion (a subatomic particle) is created through the interaction of a photon (a particle of light) and a nucleus.

2. How does pion photoproduction occur?

Pion photoproduction occurs when a high energy photon collides with a nucleus, causing the energy to be converted into mass in the form of a pion.

3. What is the role of kinetic energy in pion photoproduction?

Kinetic energy plays a crucial role in pion photoproduction as it determines the energy available for the creation of the pion. The higher the kinetic energy, the more likely a pion will be produced.

4. How is the kinetic energy of the pion calculated?

The kinetic energy of the pion can be calculated using the formula KE = E - m, where KE is the kinetic energy, E is the total energy of the pion, and m is the rest mass of the pion.

5. What factors affect the kinetic energy of the pion in photoproduction?

The kinetic energy of the pion in photoproduction can be affected by the energy of the incoming photon, the mass of the nucleus, and the angle at which the photon collides with the nucleus.