Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LaTeX Plain latex code not working in Physics forum

1. Jun 5, 2017 #1
    I have written a solution of problem in LYX.
    I exported the lyx code as latex plain code.
    I opened the latex plain code in Tex studio and copied it and pasted it in Physics forum
    and it didn't work.
    Can anyone please tell me what should I do?
    Should I again type the latex code here i.e.Physics Forum?
    I am attaching the Latex code and corresponding pdf.

The tex file is not accepted here.So, attaching images. first1.png 2nd.png first.png

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 5, 2017 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

I never used lyx, but LaTeX code generated by mathematica works fine here if I just enclose it in double $'s

4. Jun 5, 2017 #3

jedishrfu

Have you looked at the first thread in the Math and Latex forum? It should explain what you need to do.

Usually we must use double # or double $ before and after each expression so that mathjax can identify it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  5. Jun 7, 2017 #4

jtbell

I don't think MathJax supports LaTeX commands that are associated with creating complete documents: \documentclass, \usepackage, etc. (which I see in your screenshots but are not in the list of supported commands:

http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/tex.html#supported-latex-commands

MathJax is intended for including individual equations in HTML pages, not for producing/presenting complete LaTeX documents.

6. Jun 10, 2017 #5
    ##\require{cancel}\cancel{ \text{Buffu} } ## I am no expert but I can use cancel package by using command ##\text{\require}##.

7. Jun 10, 2017 #6

jedishrfu

Wow! That's one way of banning yourself in text with a flair while not really banning yourself from PF.

Pretty cool, I didn't notice that tag before. I guess you'd use it to cancel terms and factors.

8. Jun 11, 2017 #7
    '
    I did not know strikeout means banned from PF.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted