1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please any advice, help or suggestions would be very much appreciated

1. Aug 19, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi guys! Our finals are coming up and our Physics professor is asking us to create a project which is equivalent to our final quiz and if selected by the Department head we would get a 100% in our subject for the term.

Our professor specified that it has to be a simple machine putting out simple output. It has to be 4feet by 5 feet with 7 processes and an objective. Please any suggestions would be a great help since it was given to us late and the deadline is on August 30th. I hope someone can help.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2012 #2

madmike159

Gold Member

Can you give any more detail about what this is supposed to do?

4. Aug 21, 2012 #3
    Hi there madmike159! Um well our professor just specified that we can create pretty much anything that is involved with Physics or its subtopics. Just as long as it is 5 feet high and 4 feet wide and has 7 processes...for example lets say a ball rolls down an incline and hits a button to launch another ball into the air so on and so forth...something like that where we can explain speed, force, gravity etc...the thing is I am just not good at Physics or things like this at all. My groupmates are no help and I really need the grade. So if you could so kindly suggest something where maybe you have created a project before where you have the design still and the procedures and list of materials I would be so grateful. Im currently looking online but what makes the project difficult is that it has to have 7 processes and of course its height and length required. :( Please help me.

5. Aug 23, 2012 #4

madmike159

Gold Member

You could think of 7 basic experiment that you should have been shown in physics. Of the top of my head you could have

-Wave superposition in water
    -Wave interaction in light (diffraction grating)
    -Light discharging a charged metal surface
    -Conservation of momentum

I'm sure you can pick out a few more from a text book. I wouldn't worry about the logistics of a machine that does all this. From what you have said it sounds almost like a box full of experiments really. The first 3 on my list are also related, so you could find more related experiments.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook