Please any advice, help or suggestions would be very much appreciated

• Thread starter bmguico
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Suggestions
In summary, the conversation is about a physics project that will serve as the final quiz and could potentially earn the students a 100% in the subject. The project must be a simple machine with 4 feet by 5 feet dimensions and involve 7 processes related to physics. The student is seeking suggestions for project ideas and the person they are speaking to suggests using basic physics experiments and not worrying about creating a complicated machine.
bmguico

Homework Statement

Hi guys! Our finals are coming up and our Physics professor is asking us to create a project which is equivalent to our final quiz and if selected by the Department head we would get a 100% in our subject for the term.

Our professor specified that it has to be a simple machine putting out simple output. It has to be 4feet by 5 feet with 7 processes and an objective. Please any suggestions would be a great help since it was given to us late and the deadline is on August 30th. I hope someone can help.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you give any more detail about what this is supposed to do?

Hi there madmike159! Um well our professor just specified that we can create pretty much anything that is involved with Physics or its subtopics. Just as long as it is 5 feet high and 4 feet wide and has 7 processes...for example let's say a ball rolls down an incline and hits a button to launch another ball into the air so on and so forth...something like that where we can explain speed, force, gravity etc...the thing is I am just not good at Physics or things like this at all. My groupmates are no help and I really need the grade. So if you could so kindly suggest something where maybe you have created a project before where you have the design still and the procedures and list of materials I would be so grateful. I am currently looking online but what makes the project difficult is that it has to have 7 processes and of course its height and length required. :( Please help me.

You could think of 7 basic experiment that you should have been shown in physics. Of the top of my head you could have

-Wave superposition in water
-Wave interaction in light (diffraction grating)
-Light discharging a charged metal surface
-Conservation of momentum

I'm sure you can pick out a few more from a textbook. I wouldn't worry about the logistics of a machine that does all this. From what you have said it sounds almost like a box full of experiments really. The first 3 on my list are also related, so you could find more related experiments.

Hello! Congratulations on being given the opportunity to create a project that could potentially earn you a 100% in your subject for the term. My advice would be to start by brainstorming different simple machines and their functions. From there, you can choose one that interests you and fits within the size and process requirements given by your professor. It would also be helpful to have a clear objective in mind, such as demonstrating a specific concept or principle in physics.

Additionally, I recommend seeking guidance from your professor or other physics experts to ensure that your project is accurate and meets the requirements. You could also do some research and look for inspiration from other simple machines and their uses. Remember to plan and allocate your time effectively to meet the August 30th deadline. Good luck with your project!

1. What type of advice or suggestions do you need?

Please provide more specific details about the topic or issue you need advice or suggestions on. This will help me give you more relevant and helpful advice.

2. What is the purpose or goal of your request?

It would be helpful to know what your ultimate goal is in seeking advice, help, or suggestions. Are you looking for a solution to a problem, seeking new ideas, or looking for guidance on a specific topic?

3. What background information do you have on the topic?

It would be useful to know what information you already have on the topic so I can provide advice or suggestions that build on your current knowledge. This can also help me avoid repeating any information you already know.

4. Have you tried any solutions or strategies already?

If you have already tried some solutions or strategies, please let me know so I can avoid suggesting something you have already tried. This can also help me understand what has or has not worked for you in the past.

5. How urgent is your need for advice or suggestions?

Please let me know if you have a specific timeline or deadline for when you need advice, help, or suggestions. This can help me prioritize and provide timely assistance.