Please help me for a calculation why my value different from that of literature?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
shojean
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
please help me for a calculation! why my value different from that of literature?

delta E= {h^2*(3*n/pi)^(2/3) }/(8*m)


here: h Plank constant.
n the concentration of electron. n=4.46e20 cm^(-3)
m the effective mass of electron. m=0.35me (me is the static mass of electron)

I calculated for many times, but my calculated values (0.6eV) always large than that of reference, 0.201eV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!


ps:This is not my homework, please, Administrator, let me post my question here. many thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Just a question from the un-knowing: What are these curled brackets meant to say and what formula is this (I don't recognize anything unless provided in Latex or on paper)
 
ok, this formula is a expression of energy change in the band gap in the degenerate semiconductor, it's come from the Burstein theory.
here you can look for detail:

I. Hamberg, C.G. Granqvist, J. Appl. Phys. 60 (11) (1986) 123.

Thanks for your reply!