Plotting a Parabolic Curve for the Equation: SigmaY*(1-(L/k)^2/2*(L/k)c^2)

  • Thread starter Thread starter skaboy607
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Curve
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 10K views
skaboy607
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how I would go about plotting the parabolic curve for the equation:

sigmaY*(1-(L/k)^2/2*(L/k)c^2)

Any help most appreciated

Will
 
Physics news on Phys.org
skaboy607 said:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how I would go about plotting the parabolic curve for the equation:

sigmaY*(1-(L/k)^2/2*(L/k)c^2)

Any help most appreciated

Will

What do you mean plotting? Maybe just use Excel? Or do you have access to Mathematica or other math programs?
 
Please do *NOT* use excel. It's not a good program to use.
 
Cyrus said:
Please do *NOT* use excel. It's not a good program to use.

Well, if you're stranded on a desert island, and all you have is Excel, it's fine for quick plot checks and such. I've done all kinds of weird stuff in Excel, including some DSP development and plots, iterative solutions of non-linear simultaneous equations, etc.

Certainly Mathematica is better for plots, and SPICE is better for circuits, and so on. And given my recent arguments with Office 2007 and Vista, I'm not inclined to be suggesting a Microsoft Office solution, but it is a valid thing to use, after all.

No way I'd design a helicopter with Excel, though... :eek: :biggrin: