Plucking a white hair would result in more white hairs

• Thread starter jackson6612
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hair
In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of implementing a new recycling program in the community. Some members were concerned about the cost and logistics, while others were enthusiastic about the potential benefits for the environment. It was ultimately decided to gather more information and conduct a survey to gauge the interest and support of the community.
jackson6612
I have heard people saying that if you pluck a white hair then it would only result into more white hairs coming out. Is there any truth in it? Please let me know. Thanks.

Biology news on Phys.org
jackson6612 said:
I have heard people saying that if you pluck a white hair then it would only result into more white hairs coming out. Is there any truth in it? Please let me know. Thanks.

No. No truth.

Thanks.

1. What causes hair to turn white?

Hair turns white when the cells responsible for producing pigment in the hair follicles stop working. This can be due to genetics, age, or certain health conditions.

2. Why does plucking a white hair result in more white hairs?

Plucking a white hair does not result in more white hairs. However, when a white hair is plucked, it may appear that more white hairs are growing because the hair follicle was already damaged and unable to produce pigment.

3. Does plucking a white hair cause damage to the hair follicle?

Plucking a white hair does not cause permanent damage to the hair follicle. However, repeated plucking can cause irritation and inflammation, which can lead to temporary hair loss.

4. Is there a way to reverse white hair?

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to reverse white hair. However, certain lifestyle changes such as managing stress levels and maintaining a healthy diet can help slow down the graying process.

5. Does plucking white hair make it grow back thicker?

Plucking a white hair does not make it grow back thicker. The thickness and texture of hair are determined by genetics and hair care practices, not by plucking.