Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Popocatepetl volcano gets frisky

1. Dec 2, 2007 #1

turbo

Gold Member

Time to wing in a female virgin, or at least a PF sister that hasn't gotten lucky for a while. :rolleyes: Astronuc is a volcano-hound, so he'll probably volunteer to oversee the ceremony. Mexico City should have pleasant weather this time of year...

Edit: Removed URL to image - rotating slide show.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 2, 2007 #2
    I think Astronuc is already there. You can barely make him out near the top.

4. Dec 2, 2007 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

5. Dec 2, 2007 #4

wolram

Gold Member

The PF sisters powers are now mythical, may be they can cure warts now, but volcanoes?

6. Dec 2, 2007 #5

turbo

Gold Member

Barefoot in the snow? That's him!

7. Dec 2, 2007 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, I hope this makes it onto the televised news...I can't wait to hear how the newscasters pronounce that name. :uhh:

We're just warming up the cauldron for this year's funniest member award. :biggrin:

8. Dec 2, 2007 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Woolie (of stuck riding-boot fame) should welcome the trip from dreary drizzly England to a nice warm mountain in Mexico. :approve:

9. Dec 2, 2007 #8

wolram

Gold Member

I am game for any thing tricycle man, pay me and i will do it, i love thoughts of volcanic eruptions.smile.

10. Dec 2, 2007 #9

turbo

Gold Member

11. Dec 2, 2007 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Careful guys, there's one less competitor for funniest member now that we've promoted Astronuc (BTW, Astronuc, those chocolates were delicious! :approve:), so your chances are improving for being selected as volcano food. :biggrin:

12. Dec 3, 2007 #11

wolram

Gold Member

13. Dec 3, 2007 #12

turbo

Gold Member

Change the frame and forks and put on mag wheels? Do I get to keep the power train? If I wanted a Buell, I would have bought one. I prefer the comfortable feet-forward stance. (Hint - my boots don't get stuck.)

14. Dec 3, 2007 #13

wolram

Gold Member

And here was me trying to be nice, with a few helpful suggestions.

15. Dec 3, 2007 #14

J77

From the link in the OP, I get a pic of some German kids climbing an illuminated statue of Santa... :biggrin:

16. Dec 3, 2007 #15

turbo

Gold Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?