Possibly being dense about pictures....

• Thread starter Ryan_m_b
  • Start date
In summary, to upload a photo from your computer and add it as text, click the upload button in the editing window and select a photo from your desktop. The photo will appear under the editor and you can insert it into your post. This will generate a media tag that can be moved around. This feature is very convenient and thanks to Greg for mentioning it.
Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
But how do I upload one from my computer and have it in text? I know how to add a picture as an attachment, and how to link one via url, but I don't know how to take something from a folder on my desktop and drop it in between what I'm writing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Simply click the upload button and then select a photo. It will list under the editor and then you can choose to insert in your post. It ends up generating a media tag which you can move around.

Likes Ryan_m_b
Use the upload button in the lower right of the editing window, choose a pic, then click either the thumbnail button or the full size button. Thus:

upload.jpg

Last edited:
Likes Evo and Ryan_m_b
Thanks guys! Obviously I knew all this...what, you think a long term member and mentor wouldn't know how to use the forum...? I was testing you guys is all... :wink:

Likes Evo and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
It will list under the editor and then you can choose to insert in your post.
Which is dang handy. Thanks Greg.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. What does it mean to be "dense" about pictures?

Being "dense" about pictures means that someone has difficulty understanding or interpreting visual information, particularly in photographs or images.

2. How can someone tell if they are dense about pictures?

There are a few signs that may indicate someone is dense about pictures, such as struggling to understand the meaning or message of a photograph, having trouble identifying objects or people in pictures, or finding it challenging to interpret emotions or expressions in images.

3. Is being dense about pictures a learning disability?

No, being dense about pictures is not considered a learning disability. It is simply a difficulty with visual information, similar to how some people may struggle with reading or math. However, it may be a symptom of a learning disability or other condition, so it is important to consult with a medical professional for a proper diagnosis.

4. Can someone improve their ability to understand pictures?

Yes, with practice and patience, someone can improve their ability to understand and interpret pictures. This can include actively looking at and analyzing photographs, seeking assistance from a tutor or therapist, and using tools or techniques to help with visual processing.

5. How can being dense about pictures affect daily life?

Being dense about pictures can affect daily life in various ways, such as difficulty following instructions with visual aids, missing important details in photographs or images, and feeling frustrated or overwhelmed when trying to interpret visual information. It may also impact social interactions and relationships, as nonverbal cues and facial expressions can be challenging to interpret for someone who is dense about pictures.