1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post-Doc Vacancies in Britain and Scandinavia.

1. Sep 16, 2008 #1
    Does someone know and can share with me sites which bind together all of of the post-doc vacancies in academia in britain and scandinavia, in maths and physics?

thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2008 #2
  4. Sep 16, 2008 #3
    thanks, anyone has for scandinavia?
  5. Sep 16, 2008 #4
    As I see from my searches that it's not so good of an idea to pursue a PHD in foundations. (-:
  6. Sep 17, 2008 #5
    Contact academic staff who are involved with foundations and ask them if funding might be available. Lee Smolin's book "Trouble..." suggests it is easier to get into "off mainstream" physics in the UK than it is in the USA, and gives some useful tips worth seeking out. Maybe take Diogenes' approach to Antisthenes as a model? :-)

7. Sep 17, 2008 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

This year isn't such a good year to be applying for postdoc positions, I'm afraid. Anyway, I know that Imperial have a few people working on foundations.. doubt that helps, though!
  8. Sep 19, 2008 #7
    It's ok cristo, I'm quite far from this right now, bt it's good to know before even starting, the sites which gather such information.

I'm still hoping there's an euivalent site for scandinavia.
  9. Sep 24, 2008 #8
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?