Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Posting images expansion to other forums

1. Feb 14, 2006 #1

The posting images ability is only available in GD as we all know, why can't we have this expanded to say... Other Sciences, and/or Physics? Bandwidth issues or something? Oh c'mon you must make a ton of money off this site! PLEEEEAASEE!!!! :smile: I know the right guys in the red light district.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2006 #2
    Bandwidth, hotlink and moderation concerns. What is wrong with attaching images?
  4. Feb 16, 2006 #3

Science Advisor

I must admit that I have seen other forums where the pics had gotten way out of hand. As an example, my wife goes on to a board where EVERY poster hot links to banners that do countdowns and have 4 or 5 pictures in their sigs, etc...There is so much crap on there you can't tell where the posts begin and end.

Attachments are really the way to go. It does kind of stink to wait for the approval process, but I consider that our little blow to the instant gratification idea.
  5. Feb 16, 2006 #4
    Well, i would like to see [​IMG]
  6. Feb 16, 2006 #5

Homework Helper

7. Feb 16, 2006 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Of course, if you're really impatient, you can PM a mentor to let them know your attachment is there and waiting approval.

Another problem with img tags is they are dependent on the original source remaining available. If you link to an image that's there today, and the site takes it down tomorrow, it's gone the way of the big red X in the sky. This is why it definitely wouldn't be a good idea for tutorials.
  8. Feb 16, 2006 #7
    Well, if you get a good host or mount it yourself it would work
  9. Feb 17, 2006 #8
    How odd...Does anyone else see the "[​IMG]
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?