Pratt & Whitney partnership with Georgia Tech, Penn State, and Virginia Tech

  • Thread starter Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
22,713
Reaction score
7,804
This is not technical, but it's worth looking into if one is interested in gas turbine technology.

P&W Partnering With Georgia Tech, Penn State, Virginia Tech

PRNewswire

Pratt & Whitney will partner with the universities on fundamental research initiatives that support the design and development of state-of-the-art gas turbine propulsion systems for commercial, military, and emerging technology and environmental programs.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes GA Tech has one of the best combustion fascilities so this is no surprise to me. I got accepted for my PhD there but I thought Atlanta was one of the unfriendliest American cities I have ever been to, so I went somewhere else. Being born and raised in Amsterdam that means something.
This seems to be tailored towards earonautical propulsion for more general turbomachinery research there is also http://www.clemson.edu/scies/utsr/index.htm"
 
Last edited by a moderator: