1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Preparing for a combinatorics course

1. Apr 15, 2014 #1
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to be taking a combinatorics course next fall, and I'd like to prepare over the summer for it. Here is a link to the class log from a few years back.

I am currently in a graph theory course, but I've heard the combinatorics course is rather difficult. Does anyone have any recommendations for how I can prepare during the summer?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2014 #2

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would say that learning the basic definitions, notation, and experimenting with the material would give you the best shot. That way when you take the class you can actually work on the material and not be slowed-down by not knowing the basics.Good luck!

4. Apr 15, 2014 #3
    I advise you to find out ahead of time which textbook will be used for the class. The introduction or the preface often states the prerequisites. Also, the first chapter of the text may contain introductory material that will be used later in the course. This information should help you to decide what you need to review or learn in advance.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook