Pressure gauge works on other lines but not on my compressor

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ahmed Mukhtar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pressure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Ahmed Mukhtar
hi every body,

I have a machine with compressed air. the problem is the pressure gauges is not working.
and when I take the gauges into other compressed air line the pressure gauge work properly.
why this happening ? I need your help
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Here are some thoughts. Where is gage attached on the machine in question. What is the machine. Does it have an air tank etc. What range of pressure is the machine supposed to operate at. Is this range suitable for the gage.
 
There is a blower pump ( pump pressure= 250mbar) . the air of blower pass throw manifold into three ports. the gauges attached after manifold in each port to measure the pressure of each port. (No Air Tank)
The range of pressure for each port is from (10mbar to 130mbar) , the pressure gauge range is (0mbar - 180mbar)
The machine is cigarette filter maker

anther Question.
I found in pump specification [pressure= +(250/230)mbar] . what does it mean? Max &min??
 
Ahmed Mukhtar said:
I have a machine with compressed air. the problem is the pressure gauges is not working.
and when I take the gauges into other compressed air line the pressure gauge work properly.
why this happening ?
The gauge might be working OK. Do you really have pressure?
Or do you have pressure and a block in the air line to the gauge?
Is there an isolation valve on the line to the gauge that has been closed?
When you remove the gauge, does it release air?