Pressure in a pipe of varying size

  • Thread starter Thread starter 8cd03gro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pipe Pressure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
8cd03gro
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Use the picture as a guide. P is the pressure in the pipe, and vi is the speed of a non-viscous incompressible fluid at locations i = 1,2,3,4,5.(For each statement select correctly)

http://lon-capa.phy.cmich.edu/res/msu/physicslib/msuphysicslib/33_Fluids2_Bernoulli/graphics/prob07_Bernoulli.gif

Options are: Greater than, less than and Equal to
v1 is ... 2v3.
P1 is ... P2.
P1 is ... P4.
P3 is ... P4.
v4 is ... v5.
v1 is ... v2.
P4 is ... P5.

Homework Equations



Bernoulli's: P+1/2pv^2+pgh=Constant

The Attempt at a Solution



-Equal to
-Greater than
-Greater than
-Less than
-Greater than
-Greater than
-Greater than

This is my most recent attempt. I have 20 attempts and have used 5, but I still don't see where I am going wrong here. The assignment is due at midnight and this is my last question (current time is 10:15PM), so this is my last option.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org