1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Analysis Principles to Real and Complex and Functional

1. Jun 11, 2015 #1
    I'm reading Rudin's principles and so far I really like it. I find charm I'm his terseness, and I think having that motivation to do a lot of the stuff myself makes it pretty fun (like only using the outline of the Dedekind cuts section and prove all the steps myself). However, I have heard not so good things about his later chapters. I can stand having terse material, and even things left as exercises, but I don't like having things ommitted, as long as they are there I'm fine. But I know the stuff in later chapters is really important. Instead of using many other books which I might not have access to to supplement his later chapters (like 9 to 11), do you think I could get the "rest filled in" by going into his Real and Complex and Functional analysis book afterwards if it more sufficiently covers that? If not, I would appreciate if you guys knew what would be good supplementary material for these chapters? Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2015 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted