helpmeplzzz Messages 8 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Mar 18, 2013 #1 There is a 1 in 4 chance that on any given sexual encounter, Joe will contract an STD. If Joe has sex 4 times, what are the chances of him having an STD?
There is a 1 in 4 chance that on any given sexual encounter, Joe will contract an STD. If Joe has sex 4 times, what are the chances of him having an STD?
pwsnafu Science Advisor Messages 1,082 Reaction score 85 Mar 18, 2013 #2 Hint: what is the probability of not contracting after 4 times?
HallsofIvy Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 42,895 Reaction score 983 Mar 18, 2013 #4 Looks good.
helpmeplzzz Messages 8 Reaction score 0 Mar 18, 2013 #5 So how would you do it for the probability of Joe contracting an STD twice out of those 4 occasions? I think you would have to do a combination for this?
So how would you do it for the probability of Joe contracting an STD twice out of those 4 occasions? I think you would have to do a combination for this?
Mark44 Mentor Insights Author Messages 38,152 Reaction score 10,760 Mar 18, 2013 #6 As this is misplaced homework-type question, I am locking it. This thread was also posted in the Precalc section under Homework & Coursework.
As this is misplaced homework-type question, I am locking it. This thread was also posted in the Precalc section under Homework & Coursework.