Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Problem in continuous function of Excimer laser

1. Aug 30, 2016 #1
    I am student of MS and working in the field of laser. I am trying to run an old Excimer laser system (XeCl) having output energy 400mJ, pulse width 30ns and frequency 1-100Hz. The laser works only for less than one hours after filling with new gases and the energy continuously decreases within this time. Even If I shall not switched ON the laser for one hour then no output energy comes from the laser.
    I do not understand the exact problem in the laser, please help me in this case.
    Amjad Bhatti

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2016 #2

Larry Gopnik

Gold Member

Have you got soje sort of pressure gauge to see if the gas is staying in the tube? It could be as simple as a leak in the system

4. Mar 13, 2017 #3
    I am working in the field of laser. I am trying to run an old Excimer laser system (XeCl) having output energy 400mJ, pulse width 30ns and frequency 1-100Hz. The laser works only for less than one hours after filling with new gases and the energy continuously decreases within this time without decreasing the internal pressure of the cavity. the internal pressure of cavity remains constant for a longer time even more than two to three months. Also If I shall not switched ON the laser for one hour then no output energy comes from the laser. I have tested the system with He detector and found no leakage in the system.
    One thing I want mention here that I am using SS pipe line having length about 25 feet to fill HCl gas to the laser cavity.
    I do not understand the exact problem in the laser, please help me in this case.
    Amjad Bhatti

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted