Problem in continuous function of Excimer laser

In summary, Amjad Bhatti is a student of MS and is working with an old Excimer laser system (XeCl) with specific output energy, pulse width, and frequency. However, the laser only works for less than an hour after filling with new gases and the energy continuously decreases within this time. Even after not using the laser for an hour, there is no output energy. Bhatti is unsure of the exact problem but has tested for leaks and found none. He also mentions using an SS pipeline to fill the laser cavity with HCl gas.
Amjad Hussain Bhatti
I am student of MS and working in the field of laser. I am trying to run an old Excimer laser system (XeCl) having output energy 400mJ, pulse width 30ns and frequency 1-100Hz. The laser works only for less than one hours after filling with new gases and the energy continuously decreases within this time. Even If I shall not switched ON the laser for one hour then no output energy comes from the laser.
I do not understand the exact problem in the laser, please help me in this case.
Amjad Bhatti

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you got soje sort of pressure gauge to see if the gas is staying in the tube? It could be as simple as a leak in the system

I am working in the field of laser. I am trying to run an old Excimer laser system (XeCl) having output energy 400mJ, pulse width 30ns and frequency 1-100Hz. The laser works only for less than one hours after filling with new gases and the energy continuously decreases within this time without decreasing the internal pressure of the cavity. the internal pressure of cavity remains constant for a longer time even more than two to three months. Also If I shall not switched ON the laser for one hour then no output energy comes from the laser. I have tested the system with He detector and found no leakage in the system.
One thing I want mention here that I am using SS pipe line having length about 25 feet to fill HCl gas to the laser cavity.
I do not understand the exact problem in the laser, please help me in this case.
Amjad Bhatti

What is a continuous function of Excimer laser?

A continuous function of Excimer laser refers to the ability of the laser to emit a constant and uninterrupted beam of light. This is important for precision and accuracy in medical and industrial applications.

What are some common problems that can occur with continuous function of Excimer laser?

Some common problems with continuous function of Excimer laser include fluctuations in beam intensity, misalignment of the laser beam, and contamination of the laser cavity which can affect the quality and consistency of the output beam.

How can these problems be addressed and resolved?

To address these problems, regular maintenance and calibration of the laser system is necessary. This includes cleaning and purging the laser cavity, realigning the beam and checking for any irregularities in the output. In some cases, replacing certain components may be necessary.

What are the potential consequences of not addressing these problems?

If these problems are not addressed and resolved, it can lead to decreased performance and accuracy of the laser, which can have serious consequences in medical procedures or industrial processes. It can also result in costly repairs or replacements of the laser system.

How can one ensure optimal continuous function of Excimer laser?

The best way to ensure optimal continuous function of Excimer laser is through regular maintenance and calibration, as well as following proper operational procedures. It is also important to use high-quality components and materials in the laser system.