Product of two systems of linear differential equations

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Leo321
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
I have two systems of linear differential equations: [itex]\frac{dx}{dt}=Ax[/itex], [itex]\frac{dy}{dt}=By[/itex]
x,y are vectors of length n and A,B are nxn matrices.
I have a third system defined by: [itex]\frac{dz}{dt}=-ABz[/itex]
Is there anything we can say about what the third system represents in terms of the first two?
If we know some things about the behavior of x and y, what could be useful ways of deducing something about z?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Can z be expressed as a function of x,y?
Or is there some function so that z(t)<f(x(t),y(t))?
We can assume that x(t)>0,y(t)>0.
 
Ok, I think I solved what I wanted through a different path. Thanks for the attempts, even if they were only at the mental level.