Program for TI-86 to Read Text on Calculator

In summary, there is a program called Notefolio that allows you to add text to TI-83/84 and TI-89 calculators, but it is not compatible with the TI-86. However, you can use Ti-Connect to send a text file to your TI-86 and use the program editor to read it. You can create the text file with various programs, but it must be edited in the program editor in Ti-Connect. Another option is to use the Advanced Text Editor v1.01, an extension of Asmide86 which allows for the editing of basic programs, TextView files, and ZAC asm source.
kuahji
Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a program that I can add about a page of text to my ti-86 calculator. Basically I don't have time in the morning to read the news & I'd like to copy articles then read them on my calculator at work :-p. There is the program notefolio but it's only compatible with the ti-83/84 & ti-89 (doens't work with ti-86). So, any ideas how I could copy text & then read it on my calculator?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Use Ti-Connect to send a text file to your ti86. You can then use the program editor to read the file.

What should I make the text file with on my computer? Notepad, tried various file types with MS-word, but when I try & xfer them with TI-connect I get the error message "file type is not compatible with this device." Reading it with the program editor would be fine, but just having trouble with getting the text on to the calculator.

You have to use the program editor in Ti-connect

Just found this.

Advanced Text Editor v1.01 - An extension of Asmide86 which allows for the editing of basic programs, TextView files, and ZAC asm source. They can be executed/viewed/compiled directly from the editor. Features include word wrap, case-insensitive searching, and text selection.

http://jonah.ticalc.org/ti.html

Last edited:

Related to Program for TI-86 to Read Text on Calculator

1. What is the "Program for TI-86 to Read Text on Calculator"?

The "Program for TI-86 to Read Text on Calculator" is a software program designed to allow the TI-86 graphing calculator to read and display text on its screen. This program is useful for students and professionals who need to read and store large amounts of text on their calculator for easy access.

2. How do I install the program on my TI-86 calculator?

To install the program, you will need to first download the program file onto your computer. Then, using a USB cable or a TI-Connect cable, transfer the program file to your TI-86 calculator. Once the file is transferred, you can access the program through the calculator's program menu.

3. What types of files can the program read?

The program is designed to read plain text files, such as .txt or .doc files. It may also be able to read other file types, but this cannot be guaranteed. It is best to convert your files to .txt format before transferring them to the calculator.

4. Can the program read large amounts of text?

Yes, the program is designed to handle large amounts of text. However, the more text you have, the longer it may take for the calculator to read and display it. It is recommended to break up large files into smaller chunks for faster processing.

5. Is the program compatible with other TI calculator models?

No, this program is specifically designed for the TI-86 calculator and may not be compatible with other TI models. It is important to check the compatibility before attempting to install the program on a different calculator.