1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Program names and admissions considerations

1. May 18, 2016 #1
    Hi everyone,

some of you might laugh about what I am about to ask but I am about to start a masters in Quantum Science and Technology. Is this the equivalent to a Masters in Quantum Physics in the academia world? From a physicists stand point all the classes are about quantum mechanics and its applications in many fields but I am afraid that because the title ¨Science and Technology¨, and not Quantum Physics (Which is what the masters should be called, if you look at the courses), that some Phd programs wont consider it a masters in physics and thus not let me in. Could you please give me your opinion, do you think quantum science and technology is the same as a masters in Quantum Physics, from an academic point of view? The masters program is in this link if you could take a look at it as well and tell me what you think it will be a huge help. http://www.ehu.eus/es/web/mde/master-in-quantum-science-and-technology [Broken]

Thank you and I know is kind of not a very sophisticated question.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2016 #2

nrqed

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You should start a new thread and post it in the Forum on Career Guidance. My two cents: I think that any graduate program would look closely at the actual courses taken and not rely much on the title of the program.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. May 18, 2016 #3

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Mod note: Posts moved to Academic Guidance for a better fit.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted