Programming jokes thread
- Thread starter Wrichik Basu
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes Programming
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
500 replies · 59K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
- 3,766
- 2,215
DaveC426913 said:That why it's called a Poof of Concept.
I'd have thought, in this day and age, that it would very politically incorrect to refer to your executives as gay.
Science Advisor
- 3,766
- 2,215
Example pls?Hornbein said:I get this sort of thing all the time on physicsforums. I ask a question. If they don't know the answer they say it's a dumb question.
Hornbein
Gold Member
- 4,253
- 3,384
I ain't going to make no trouble hea.strangerep said:Example pls?
- 2,188
- 2,694
Let's keep this out of the jokes thread. These issues should either be reported in the Feedback section, or in private conversation with the moderation team.strangerep said:Example pls?
Science Advisor
- 3,766
- 2,215
Oh, I dunno. Anyone who says (seriously) "that's a dumb question" deserves to be mentioned in a jokes thread.Wrichik Basu said:Let's keep this out of the jokes thread. [...]

- 2,188
- 2,694
- 2,188
- 2,694
- 2,188
- 2,694
The string is a "naughty string" that will cause internal errors. See https://github.com/minimaxir/big-list-of-naughty-strings
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,856
- 12,711
When I first saw plumbing like this in a professionally installed water system for a zebrafish facility, I know I could do better with a home made system. Those companies are better now.Wrichik Basu said:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 4,604
- 4,325
Actually not too different than the first computer I programmed.Borg said:
And yes, BTW, this was the entire system. WYSIWYG.
- 2,188
- 2,694
- 2,188
- 2,694
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 4,604
- 4,325
Can you show us the handshaking protocols?Wrichik Basu said:
- 13,926
- 16,805
DaveE said:Can you show us the handshaking protocols?
At 1.08 (can't seem to get link to start at specified time on my phone, sorry).
- 2,188
- 2,694
- 2,188
- 2,694
- 13,926
- 16,805
See also: Hubble.Wrichik Basu said:
- 2,188
- 2,694
- 2,188
- 2,694
- 2,188
- 2,694
- 2,188
- 2,694
Sidenote: I started with QBASIC in school for three years, then moved on to Java (using BlueJ) for the next four years. For the last two years, I shifted to NetBeans at home, and that was a great boost to knowledge as I could quickly view documentation for every function and class. I think it is a good idea to start with languages like Java, where blocks are delimited by braces, rather than languages where an extra space can screw up your whole code, unless you are using an IDE.
- 13,926
- 16,805
He was under time pressure.DrClaude said:No Pascal?
(Sorry, I know that's a physics joke.)
- 2,188
- 2,694
No, I didn't learn Pascal. BASIC → Java. Thereafter, MATLAB + Python (latter in college, primarily for numerical computation in physics). Side by side Android, MySQL, and some basics in C for Arduino.DrClaude said:No Pascal?
Mentor
- 8,478
- 5,700
I wasn't talking about you (why would you have learned Pascal?), but referencing the chart you posted. BASIC was my first language, but I would think that many of those who learned programming in the 1970's and 1980's would have started with Pascal.Wrichik Basu said:No, I didn't learn Pascal. BASIC → Java. Thereafter, MATLAB + Python (latter in college, primarily for numerical computation in physics). Side by side Android, MySQL, and some basics in C for Arduino.
- 13,926
- 16,805
Can we do write-in options?DrClaude said:I wasn't talking about you (why would you have learned Pascal?), but referencing the chart you posted.
Pascal - thought it was Wirth it.
Admin
- 69,789
- 25,638
DrClaude said:No Pascal?
Coincidentally, we have a new member who joined today, @Pascal pressureIbix said:He was under time pressure.
Similar threads
- Wanderer_
- · Replies 30 ·
- STEM Career Guidance
- Replies
- 30
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- MillGuy
- · Replies 16 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 16
- symbolipoint
- · Replies 38 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 38
High School
Math Jokes: 1-1=0, but 2=0? Impossible!
- Harsha Avinash Tanti
- · Replies 5 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 5
- elias001
- · Replies 86 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 86
- TGV320
- · Replies 43 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 43
- symbolipoint
- · Replies 16 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 16
- symbolipoint
- · Replies 12 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 12
- elcaro
- · Replies 4 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 4