1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Proof of Physics Background for Master Application

1. Jun 8, 2015 #1
    Hello guys!

I have recently graduated from my bachelor degree in engineering physics and I wish to apply for a master degree in pure physics next year. I have read ZapperZ's post on how to check my own understanding in physics. However, is there any examinations (or anything else) I can take so that I can persuade others about my concrete understanding of any necessary background knowledge in physics and mathematics?

Also, what are my chances for being accepted to germany master schools which has a ranking within 200? I am graduated with a second upper class honor from a not very well known university in Hong Kong. I have only a few months of research experiences in thin film surface modification, plus a year of research experience in theoretical simulation as a research assistant.

Thanks! and please let me know if you need more information.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2015 #2

DEvens

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to the forum.

Your best plan for finding what the admissions requirements for a particular school is to contact them. Get on the net and find their admissions department. Get your email working. Google is your friend. Hong Kong? Might be behind the Great Firewall in which case you want Bing.

For some degrees some universities in some locations want you to write an examination. Others do not. Some will be more interested in your degree and your letters of recommendation from some of your profs at your current school. Some will be more interested in your grade point average. Some will want all three, or some combination.

4. Jun 10, 2015 #3
    Thanks for the advices!

I will start contacting them for the information.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook