1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prospect on engineering job opporturnities

1. Jan 19, 2016 #1

WIN

going to be graduating with a bachelor degree of mechanical eng. (with automotive major) and equipped with CAD skills (CREO(good), NX (good), CATIA(basic)), FE Analysis Intermediate level in ANSYS(throughout the internship) and CFD experience (in bachelor thesis). Apart from English, can speak German and also Chinese fluently. What do you guys think about the chance of getting job with decent pay in engineering field based on these prospect?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2016 #2
    Great. You can probably walk on water too (when it's frozen :-p)

What do YOU want to do with this?

4. Jan 20, 2016 #3

WIN

what i have in my mind now is probably jobs like CAD engineer... in which field..im not too sure.. im very open about it... what do you guys think?
    maybe any other suggestion? Im open to work in diff country as well =)

5. Jan 20, 2016 #4
    You have a good degree, an excellent background, and you could do a lot of things and work in many different places.

Do you want steady work? High paying irregular work? Do you mind traveling all over the world, or would you prefer to settle down? Are you in a relationship? Do you have relatives who may be old enough to need extra care? Do you want to buy a house? Do you want to live in a major city or in a suburban or even a rural setting?

What are your needs? Where do you want to go? This has a lot to do with what kind of work you seek, and where you work. Yes, you could travel the world and work in all sorts of exotic places. Is that what you want?

6. Jan 20, 2016 #5

WIN

i dont mind travelling around the world. currently not in a relationship so im not tied. i think would be great to move around, gain experience and also savings before meeting someone, settling down and start a family. i didnt really mind a big city or small town as long as it has good security and the essential technology needs. which countries or even companies that are really in big demand for engineers with the study background like me? and thanks for taking out time to reply to me =)
    still trying to figure out and sorting up stuff before i graduate. opinions and advices would be really helpful for me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook