Advice/opinion on job opportunities based on country

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's current academic and career plans in Mechanical Engineering and Product Development, as well as their interest in potential job opportunities in different countries. They also mention the recent Global Climate Summit Agreement and its potential impact on the automotive industry. The speaker seeks advice on which courses to take and which field to pursue for their further studies. They also consider the option of taking a work study program or internship to explore their interests. The conversation concludes with a personal anecdote about the speaker's experience in combining different fields of study.
WIN
hello! I'm at my 6th sem(doing my internship semester) of my engineering studies in Mechanical Engineering (major Automotive) in an University of Applied Science in Germany. I'll be doing my thesis writing at my university next semester and considering to continue my Masters in either Mechanical Engineering or Product Development. Any advice on those field? Deciding between them because i wanted a wider job opportunies instead of just automotive field.

I'm also thought about the job opportunities of my study in different country. A bit about my background:I'm from Asia and I can speak english, chinese, german, little bit of japanese(learn it from foreign language class in university) and I'm willing to take up new languages. I enjoy being around the world and meeting peoples. I'm thinking of UK, US, Canada, Singapore, Aussie, UAE, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Shanghai, China or maybe Japan or South Korea. Any experience or opinion on any of those countries? What are the demands and job opportunity for a foreigner engineer?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is NOT a specific recommendation, but a resource of possible interest...
http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/rankings

Which courses in your two fields of interest seem most interesting to you?

If you believe in the Global Climate Summit Agreement just reached, and I am NOT suggesting you should pay ANY attention whatsoever to it, I saw a review article that said they believe gasoline powered automobiles should be phased out entirely in the next two decades to 'save the planet'.

If you like both fields about equally now, and wish to undertake further study, consider taking the one offering more general study opportunities to find those that most interest you. A related approach would be to take initial courses applicable to both, see where your preferences take you. You might also take a work study program if you can or an internship somewhere and see what fascinates you on a temporary job.

I'm not familiar with differences between the fields nor national differences myself, but sometimes an extra semester or summer study can yield an additional degree in the other field. In my own case, I took some extra math course in the US as electives while studying for my undergraduate degree in electrical engineering. Nobody advised me [and I was unaware at the time] that with just a few more extra math courses beyond the ones I took as electives, I could have also gotten an undergraduate degree in mathematics. Had I known, I would have done that just for fun.

1. What factors should I consider when looking for job opportunities in a particular country?

When considering job opportunities in a specific country, it is important to research the economic stability, job market, and political climate of the country. You should also consider the cost of living, cultural differences, and the availability of work visas for foreigners.

2. How do I determine if a job opportunity in a certain country is right for me?

To determine if a job opportunity in a specific country is right for you, consider your personal preferences and career goals. Research the company and its culture, as well as the job responsibilities and potential for growth. Additionally, consider the lifestyle and living conditions in the country to ensure it aligns with your needs and preferences.

3. Are there certain countries with more job opportunities in my field?

Yes, there are certain countries that may have more job opportunities in your field. It is important to research the job market and demand for your specific skills and industry in different countries. You can also network with professionals in your field and attend job fairs or conferences to learn about job opportunities in different countries.

4. How can I improve my chances of getting a job in a particular country?

To improve your chances of getting a job in a specific country, it is important to have a strong resume and cover letter that highlight your relevant skills and experience. You can also network with professionals in your field in that country, or consider obtaining additional education or certifications that may be valued in that country's job market.

5. Are there any potential challenges or drawbacks to working in a foreign country?

Yes, there can be potential challenges or drawbacks to working in a foreign country. These may include language barriers, cultural differences, and adjusting to a new work culture. It is important to thoroughly research and consider these potential challenges before accepting a job opportunity in a different country.