Engineering Science job opportunities?

In summary, from what I have been able to find, a degree in engineering science does not have many job opportunities available after graduation. The demand for someone with this degree is not very high, and the salaries that are available are not very high either.
CaptainAtom1996
Hi, I was curious what job opportunities someone who majored in engineering science (engineering physics) has after graduation (bachelors)? What opportunities in general are available after they graduate? And, what the demand is for someone with this degree is?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do your local job listings tell you? What about the schools offering the degree? What about the salary surveys conducted by your national engineering institute? (salary is a decent proxy for demand). What about your governments careers advice website? Or you schools careers advisor?

If you're considering an engineering degree you should be inquisitive and able to conduct out your own initial research :wink:

billy_joule said:
What do your local job listings tell you? What about the schools offering the degree? What about the salary surveys conducted by your national engineering institute? (salary is a decent proxy for demand). What about your governments careers advice website? Or you schools careers advisor?

If you're considering an engineering degree you should be inquisitive and able to conduct out your own initial research :wink:
Well I haven't really been able to find anything useful. The University I attend (Penn state) tells me a lot about the course work and etc. However from what research I have done on the departments website it answers this question very open ended. And my academic adviser has been little to no help. I haven't been able to find any greatly useful answers online either with pay and etc...

Have you joined your national/state engineering institute? Do they do annual salary surveys? What job listings websites have you looked on? What are the large engineering companies in your area? What do their graduate recruitment sites say? Have you been applying for intern-ships? Does your state/government have careers advice websites? What do other schools that offer engineering physics say about the value/use of the degree? Talk to your schools careers office, not your academic advisor. What do the salary sites (payscale.com et al) say?

Likes CaptainAtom1996

1. What types of industries are engineering science job opportunities available in?

Engineering science job opportunities are available in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, construction, energy, environmental, manufacturing, and technology. Engineers are needed in almost every industry, making it a versatile and in-demand field.

2. What are the common job titles for engineering science positions?

The most common job titles for engineering science positions include mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, civil engineer, chemical engineer, and aerospace engineer. However, there are many other specialized roles within the field, such as biomedical engineer, environmental engineer, and software engineer.

3. What type of education and skills are required for engineering science jobs?

Most engineering science jobs require a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field, such as physics or mathematics. Some positions may also require a master's degree or specialized certifications. In addition to technical knowledge, engineers also need strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.

4. Are there opportunities for advancement in engineering science careers?

Yes, there are many opportunities for advancement in engineering science careers. Engineers can progress to higher-level positions, such as project manager or team leader, or they can pursue advanced degrees and become researchers or professors. Additionally, engineers can specialize in a certain area and become subject matter experts.

5. What is the job outlook for engineering science positions?

The job outlook for engineering science positions is positive, with a projected growth rate of 4% from 2019 to 2029. This is on par with the average growth rate for all occupations. However, the demand for engineers may vary depending on the industry and location, so it is important to research specific job markets when considering engineering science opportunities.