1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Science job opportunities?

1. Dec 28, 2015 #1
    Hi, I was curious what job opportunities someone who majored in engineering science (engineering physics) has after graduation (bachelors)? What opportunities in general are available after they graduate? And, what the demand is for someone with this degree is?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2015 #2

billy_joule

Science Advisor

What do your local job listings tell you? What about the schools offering the degree? What about the salary surveys conducted by your national engineering institute? (salary is a decent proxy for demand). What about your governments careers advice website? Or you schools careers advisor?

If you're considering an engineering degree you should be inquisitive and able to conduct out your own initial research :wink:

4. Dec 28, 2015 #3
    Well I haven't really been able to find anything useful. The University I attend (Penn state) tells me a lot about the course work and etc. However from what research I have done on the departments website it answers this question very open ended. And my academic adviser has been little to no help. I haven't been able to find any greatly useful answers online either with pay and etc...

5. Dec 28, 2015 #4

billy_joule

Science Advisor

Have you joined your national/state engineering institute? Do they do annual salary surveys? What job listings websites have you looked on? What are the large engineering companies in your area? What do their graduate recruitment sites say? Have you been applying for intern-ships? Does your state/government have careers advice websites? What do other schools that offer engineering physics say about the value/use of the degree? Talk to your schools careers office, not your academic advisor. What do the salary sites (payscale.com et al) say?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook