Prove DF² = AF·EF and BF = DF for tangent lines to a circle

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anzas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circle Geometry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Anzas
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
AD and BD touch the circule at points A and B
AC is parallel to BD
prove that:

1. DF^2 = AF*EF
2. BF = DF

its obvious that BF^2 = EF * AF i tried proving that DF = FB but with no luck.

edit: i uploaded the wrong picture earlier, terribly sorry i have so many of them :smile:
 
Attachments
  • problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I cannot see the image so I cannot help you out. If you are still stuck a faster way may be to send the image in an email and I could help you out then.
 
The attachment if you see is yet to be approved ...

-- AI