I think a proof by contradiction should work.
First, let's let k = -b, with b > 0, for simplicity.
Now, given x < y, we know that 0 < y - x.
Then, assume that -bx < -by.
It follows:
-bx - (-by) < 0
-b(x-y) <0
Since b is non-zero, we may divide it out (I suppose this depends on the fact that bx < by implies x < y for b > 0, so I'm assuming this has already been proved).
Then,
-(x-y) = y - x < 0
But, our original statement is that y - x > 0, so we have a contradiction, which means that -bx > -by.
(I think this might also require the fact that we know -bx = -by is true only when x = y, which is again a violation of x < y, otherwise I don't think this proof alone rules out that possibility).