PySimpleGui Output Title Bar Name Problem

• Python
  • Thread starter Arman777
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Output
In summary, you can use the sg.popup method in PySimpleGUI to create a popup window with a custom title and content. By adding the "title" keyword, you can customize the title of the window. To print statements in a single line, you can use formatting such as "%.2f" to print the data in a specific format.
Arman777
Insights Author
Gold Member
Python:
import PySimpleGUI as sg
print("The age of the universe is", age_of_universe, "Gyr")
print("The age of universe at z = ", z, "is", age_of_universe_at_z,)
print("Lookback time is", lookback_time , "Gyr")
print("Comoving distance to an object at z =", z , "is" , comoving_distance, "Mpc")
print("Luminosity distance to an object at z =", z, "is", luminosity_distance, "Mpc")
print("Angular diameter distance to an object at z =", z, "is", angular_distance, "Mpc")

I tried to use the popup method. However this time the thing that written inside the popup becomes the name of the title bar

Python:
   sg.popup('This is the modified LightGreen3 Theme', 'It has black button text')

1575636600821.png

So how can I print these things and can name the title bar whatever I want.

Thanks.

Note: I can accept solutions offered by using tkinter but I prefer pysimpleguı
Note 2: Also there are some variables inside the print statements. So that's also important

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
Did you try going to the documentation? You just need to add a title keyword
Python:
sg.popup('This is the modified LightGreen3 Theme', 'It has black button text', title='MyTitle')

Likes Arman777
phyzguy said:
Did you try going to the documentation? You just need to add a title keyword
Python:
sg.popup('This is the modified LightGreen3 Theme', 'It has black button text', title='MyTitle')
Yes kind of but appreantly I missed it.

Okay that works. Thanks. But I also want to ask something else. Do you have idea how can I print one statement in single line ?
For instance If I write something like this,

Python:
import PySimpleGUI as sg

z = 12
sg.popup("The age of the universe is",z,"Gyr", title="CoSmoS")

1575642427304.png

Which is not a good way to show the output. The problem is everytime I put "," between the text and data itseld it goes to new line. How I can print each stament in one line ?

You need to learn to use formatting:
Python:
import PySimpleGUI as sg
z=13.8
sg.popup("The age of the universe is %.2f Gyr"%z, title="MyTitle")

Likes Arman777
phyzguy said:
You need to learn to use formatting:
Python:
import PySimpleGUI as sg
z=13.8
sg.popup("The age of the universe is %.2f Gyr"%z, title="MyTitle")
I know that format but I never use it. But it seems working in this case. Thanks a lot :)

What is the "PySimpleGui Output Title Bar Name Problem" and why is it important for scientists?

The "PySimpleGui Output Title Bar Name Problem" is a common issue encountered by scientists using the PySimpleGUI library for creating user interfaces. It refers to the inability to change the title of the output window, which can be problematic when running multiple experiments or simulations. It is important for scientists to address this problem as it can affect the accuracy and organization of their research.

How can I change the title bar name in PySimpleGui?

To change the title bar name in PySimpleGui, you can use the "title" parameter in the window creation function. Simply specify the desired name as a string, and it will appear as the title of the output window. For example: window = sg.Window('My Title', layout)

What should I do if the title bar name is not changing even after using the "title" parameter?

If the title bar name is not changing even after using the "title" parameter, it is likely that you are using the wrong window variable in your code. Make sure to use the same window variable that was used in the window creation function. If the problem persists, you can try restarting the kernel or clearing the output window.

Can I change the title bar name dynamically during runtime in PySimpleGui?

Yes, it is possible to change the title bar name dynamically during runtime in PySimpleGui. You can use the function window.set_title("New Title") to change the title at any point in your code. This can be useful when running multiple experiments or simulations with different titles.

Are there any other methods for customizing the title bar in PySimpleGui?

Yes, there are other methods for customizing the title bar in PySimpleGui. You can use the "titlebar_font" parameter to change the font of the title bar, or the "titlebar_background_color" parameter to change its background color. You can also use the "grab_anywhere" parameter to allow the user to move the window by clicking and dragging anywhere on the title bar or window. Refer to the official PySimpleGui documentation for more customization options.