Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A QFT phi3 feynman diagrams and correlation function

1. Jan 21, 2017 #1

ChrisVer

Gold Member

I have some difficulty understanding how to go about with this problem:
    I came up with several graphs, you can see them in the attached picture (they are up to ~g^4 order). I am not sure about the self-interaction diagrams, but I think they are considered in the connected graphs (they are not away from the external legs).

I am not sure whether here I'll have to also include the g^2 self-interacting graphs... without them I seem to be getting:
    [itex]G \sim g^2 \Big( \frac{1}{s+m^2} + \frac{1}{t + m^2} + \frac{1}{u+m^2}\Big) \delta^4 ( k_1 + k_2 - k_3 - k_4)[/itex]
    which looks OK compared to also including them.

Attached Files:

• kat.png
      kat.png
      File size:
      85.1 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2017 #2
    By "self-interacting" you mean e.g. the first two in the second row? You are supposed to only consider connected graphs, so these two (and the very first one, and also some later ones) should not be there in the first place.

Also, I think there are more diagrams at 1-loop, e.g. more self energies and tadpoles...

4. Jan 22, 2017 #3

ChrisVer

Gold Member

I thought connected graphs were those that didn't have loops away from the internal/external legs (contributing to vacuum, which cancels out).

hmm, maybe

5. Jan 22, 2017 #4
    At least in the conventions I am aware of, "connected" means that all external lines are connected to each other. A better definition might be something like "momentum conservation is not fulfilled by a subset of external momenta". These are the ones that actually give a contribution to the T-Matrix.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted