Quantum Connection vs Entanglement: What's the Difference?

In summary, "quantum connection" and "quantum entanglement" are two different terms, with the latter being more established and commonly used. The term "quantum connection" is not widely used and may be a mis-translation or an attempt to be clever by a journalist. Both terms relate to the coupling of two qubits for use in quantum computing, but "quantum entanglement" is a more specific and well-defined term. More information can be found by searching for "quantum entanglement" on Google or Google Scholar.
louislaolu
TL;DR Summary
quantum connection vs. quantum entanglement
different or the same?
Do they mean the same?
Are there any differences?
Is the second one more common/newer/more standard than the first one?
Could someone please answer these questions or recommend something to read?

Physics news on Phys.org
"Quantum connection" seems vague to me. It would have some relation to entanglement but I have no idea with confidence what it is. I would take it as quantum coupling of two qubits and using them as one system for quantum computing. Quantum entanglement is more established term as you can find some explanation in wiki or other sources.

louislaolu said:
TL;DR Summary: quantum connection vs. quantum entanglement
different or the same?

Do they mean the same?
Are there any differences?
Is the second one more common/newer/more standard than the first one?
Could someone please answer these questions or recommend something to read?
Where did you see the term quantum connection?

Likes vanhees71
anuttarasammyak said:
"Quantum connection" seems vague to me. It would have some relation to entanglement but I have no idea with confidence what it is. I would take it as quantum coupling of two qubits and using them as one system for quantum computing. Quantum entanglement is more established term as you can find some explanation in wiki or other sources.
Thanks a lot! Yes, searching Google for Quantum entanglement gives much more hits.

louislaolu said:

Transmission of information by quantum entanglement​

http://www.journalnano.org/?p=452 (the paragraph below Fig 3)
This is not a valid source for discussion here. The paragraph below figure 3 is wrong in any case. Journalists aren't physicists!

I actually came across 量子联系 (literally translated as quantum connection ) in the Chinese version of the science fiction The Three Body Problem. It was changed into quantum entanglement in the English version. I am trying to figure out the change.

"Quantum connection" is not a widely used term (in fact, it is the first time I've seen it and I've been doing this for quite a while), it sounds either like a journalist trying to be clever with his/her choice of words, or a mis-translation.
"Quantum entanglement" is a widely used, well defined term

Likes Lord Jestocost and vanhees71
f95toli said:
"Quantum connection" is not a widely used term (in fact, it is the first time I've seen it and I've been doing this for quite a while), it sounds either like a journalist trying to be clever with his/her choice of words, or a mis-translation.
"Quantum entanglement" is a widely used, well defined term
Thank you for your reply! It helps me a lot.

1. What is the difference between quantum connection and entanglement?

Quantum connection refers to the relationship between two or more quantum particles, where their states are correlated and can influence each other. Entanglement, on the other hand, is a specific type of quantum connection where two particles become linked and share a single quantum state.

2. How does quantum connection differ from classical connection?

Classical connection is based on cause-and-effect relationships, where one object directly affects another. In quantum connection, particles can be connected without any direct interaction, and their states can be correlated instantaneously, regardless of distance.

3. Can quantum connection be observed in everyday life?

Quantum connection is a phenomenon that occurs at the subatomic level and is not directly observable in everyday life. However, its effects can be seen in certain technologies, such as quantum computing and cryptography.

4. What are the potential applications of quantum connection and entanglement?

Quantum connection and entanglement have potential applications in quantum communication, quantum computing, and quantum cryptography. They can also be used in studying and manipulating quantum systems for scientific research purposes.

5. How is entanglement created and maintained?

Entanglement is created when two particles interact with each other in a way that their quantum states become correlated. This correlation can be maintained through various methods, such as isolating the particles from external influences or using quantum error correction techniques.