Quantum Entanglement Communication Radio

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using photons from stars for quantum entangled communication, as these photons come from far away galaxies. The main problem is detecting and trapping entangled photons, but the person believes it could work with a specialized trap. However, it is mentioned that using entanglement for communication is not possible according to the quantum no-signalling theorem. The conversation ends with the person asking for comments and acknowledging that the idea may be considered nonsense.
pavqw
TL;DR Summary
Invention of the QE communication system through universe
Hello,

first from all, I am completely new and uneducated in physics. But from nothing I have had idea how to make this invention. And I have quite strong need to share it.
My mind found out how we can communicate with no delay through out our universe.
Seems quite fancy, isn't it? Yes, quantum entangled communication is working. But as far as I know it is useable only when you have nearby (up to few km range) source which can generate quantum entangled photon pair.

But now my idea - why we can't use photons generated from stars? There are plenty of photons! And we know these photons are coming from extremely far galaxies.
I guess the problem is, probability that we will find entangled photons at two spots where we want is...? Small.

But what if we will find just one entangled photon? What if we can use photon trap and work with this photon?
What if we can interfere the photon in whatever way to make measurable change.
What if we have entangled photons - one from transmitter, other from receiver. And they can last in the trap for time required for its measurement.

The only problem is to detect that the photons are entangled. If we have a trap for photons, we can work with them and listen for a pattern that we are sending.

If we would have a photon trap that will hold entanglement long enough, tell me one reason, why this could not work?

Procedure for communication would be:
1. Trap photons and measure their properties that we can affect.
2. Look for a pattern that we can both sending - affecting photons.
3. Once we will find such pattern, we found entangled photons.
4. Communicate through entangled photons as long as possible.

Because something tells me we have not invented such trap that can hold photon with its entanglement then the only possibility would be to:
Be able to intercept so many photons and measure all of them that chance for finding pair will be high enough.
Affect them if possible - as fast as possible.

I don't know why, but I am absolutely certain this could, one day, work, somehow in this way.
Now I would like to see your comments, why this can't work and why this is nonsense.

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
No, it is not possible to use entanglement to communicate as you’re thinking. We have many many threads here explaining why - a few of them appear in the “related threads” list below. You may also want to Google for “quantum no-signalling theorem”

This thread is closed.

Likes Doc Al and berkeman

1. What is quantum entanglement communication radio?

Quantum entanglement communication radio is a method of communication that utilizes the principles of quantum entanglement to transmit information between two or more parties. This allows for secure and instantaneous communication over long distances.

2. How does quantum entanglement communication radio work?

Quantum entanglement communication radio works by creating a pair of entangled particles and separating them. When one particle is manipulated, the other particle will exhibit the same changes, regardless of the distance between them. This allows for the transmission of information between the particles, which can be interpreted by the receiving party.

3. What are the advantages of using quantum entanglement communication radio?

One of the main advantages of quantum entanglement communication radio is its high level of security. As the particles are entangled, any attempt to intercept or eavesdrop on the communication will be immediately detected. Additionally, this method allows for faster and more efficient communication compared to traditional methods.

4. What are the potential applications of quantum entanglement communication radio?

Quantum entanglement communication radio has the potential to revolutionize communication in various fields, such as military, finance, and healthcare. It can also be used for secure communication between space stations and deep space missions.

5. Are there any limitations or challenges to using quantum entanglement communication radio?

While quantum entanglement communication radio shows great promise, there are still challenges that need to be addressed, such as the difficulty of creating and maintaining entangled particles over long distances. Additionally, the technology is still in its early stages and requires further development and refinement before it can be widely implemented.