Quantum Field Theory for the Gifted Amateur: Fourier Transforms & Excitations

In summary, Quantum Field Theory (QFT) is a theoretical framework that combines quantum mechanics and special relativity to describe the behavior of particles. It involves the use of mathematical tools, such as Fourier transforms, to study the properties and interactions of quantum fields. These fields are excitations that permeate the entire universe and dictate the behavior of particles. QFT is a complex subject, but it can be understood by gifted amateurs through the use of analogies and simplified explanations. By understanding Fourier transforms and excitations, one can gain a deeper understanding of QFT and its applications in various fields of physics.
anklimekruk said:
I am really doing my best to understand before I ask a question!

Then work on why you couldn't figure it out even if it was your best. You may need a change in method rather than effort. But anyway, you read less than 25 pages and you already missed the normalization of creation and annihilation operators which was clearly stated. It's not like you lost a minor detail after 250 pages of study...

As I said, your FIRST post asked legitimate questions, all the others were really trivial and they seem to be getting more and more trivial. I kept answering because your first questions were good questions, but it has to stop at some point. If your next question will have another obvious answer you'll have to hope someone else comes along, I can't walk you through a whole book, I have things to do...

Physics news on Phys.org
I am just a fascinated selfstudent.
I understand your time is precious and I fully respect it!
It's also a chalenge to understand things by myself.
These are two excellent reasons to do my very best to understand before asking a question.
Anyhow i am gratefull to you for all your answers.They have been helpful and instructive as well.
Thanks to you i reached p 33.
It's clear you expect a higher level but I hope you can trust me to improve with time.
If not it will be like failing the admission exams.What can i do? That's life...

anklimekruk said:
It's clear you expect a higher level but I hope you can trust me to improve with time.
If not it will be like failing the admission exams.What can i do? That's life...

No, you have it all wrong, I don't expect anything from you because I'm not a university. Posting a conceptual question is accepted in the quantum section of physics forums, but if you're going to keep on like this you should be posting here instead: https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/advanced-physics-homework.154/ . Now the misunderstanding is clear so this is my last post in this thread, the homework section is where you should post.

Likes vanhees71
ddd123 said:
No, you have it all wrong, I don't expect anything from you because I'm not a university. Posting a conceptual question is accepted in the quantum section of physics forums, but if you're going to keep on like this you should be posting here instead: https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/advanced-physics-homework.154/ . Now the misunderstanding is clear so this is my last post in this thread, the homework section is where you should post.

I thank you for guiding me further to "homework PF"
By the way i am p 35.Thanks to your legitimate critics i made an extra effort and understood by my self the mathematics of the previous pages.
I found it relatively easy.So i am surely not as you say "going to keep on like this." I hope to satify the requirements necessary for getting the help i will need.Maybe some day i will be able to help others on my turn.

Likes vanhees71