1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Mechanics Book and resources on Hilbert Spaces

1. Mar 26, 2014 #1
    I am currently in a modern physics course and would to do more advanced study in quantum mechanics before taking the senior-level Quantum Mechanics course at my school. We use Townsend's modern physics book for the class that I am in right now; here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Phys...500_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395860897&sr=1-2. I would like to get deeper into quantum mechanics and try to understand the mathematical formalism of it better as well. I have heard that Ballentine is a fairly popular book, but is this something that I would be able to handle at my level? If not, what would be a more appropriate book? In terms of my math background, I have taken linear algebra and am in my first semester of abstract algebra; I will be taking real analysis and topology next semester. Are there any good resources to get into Hilbert spaces that are appropriate for my background, or should I attempt to study Hilbert spaces later?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2014 #2

xristy

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted