Quantum mechanics textbook for motivated high school student with first-year calculus

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
connorp
Messages
30
Reaction score
2
Math level is through the first year of calculus, so differential calculus. I want a book with some math in it and wouldn't object to one where it would explain key concepts (likely linear algebra). I've heard Griffiths text is good but not sure how good for a motivated high school student. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think first it will be better to pick up some books on vectors and multivariate calculus.
 
I agree with TheAustrian. First do some vector calculus and multivariable calculus.I think Calculus and Analytic Geometry by George B Thomas will be fine. Then look forwards to Griffiths.

- Modest Learner
 
Connorp, does this mean you haven't done integration? Integration is pretty difficult compared to the earlier math so you'll want to start there, learn it very well indeed. That Thomas book recommended by Modest Learner will be a good way to proceed.