Question on how to assure randomness for a set of dependent variables

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
venvidu
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

Please excuse my naive question that follows.

I do not have much experience in Statistics and need to obtain a set of variables which assures randomness in the variables.

From central limit theorem, I believe addition of random independent variables assures randomness of the overall value ?

In my case, there is a function that takes a set of variables. What I need is to assure randomness in the output of the function. In this case, some of the variables are implicitly dependent on each other. At this point, I am not so clear as to what kind of approach would be proper between just using separate random variables and other approaches with mathematical background, if exist at all ?

Thanks

venvidu
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe you are somewhat confused between variables and values (observed values of the variable). Flip coins, dice or use random number tables to get random values corresponding to some random variable.